Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went out wheeling with my local group today, and after a water crossing I ended up noticing that my dash pretty much lit up like an Xmas tree. ABS, VDC Off, Slip light were constantly on. then once I started my truck back on after a short stop ( 30 minutes or so) I noticed that my 4x4 indicator ( the drive train icon on the dash) was blinking like when trying to get in or out of 4wd. Tried to continue wheeling thinking I might have bumped the knob and turns out I don't have any 4x4 and ended up getting stuck. we ended up tricking the truck into shifting into 4 Hi and it staid that way until I was leaving the trails on the highway. Now the lights are still on and if I try to shift into 4Hi the drive line icon just blinks. looked for codes with my code reader and found nothing did the same with my superchip cortex and pulled these codes:
P1212 ABS/TCS Communication Line
V1001
C1704
C1705
C1706
C1707

Going to be using a multy meter to test the ABS wires as per primer's How to. any other things I should check while I am at it. I am also planning on checkint the conections along the frame ( Hoping that I won't need to take all of the skids off that I just threw on there last week

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bumping this to the top, Tryed to multy meter the ABS conector as per Primers how to and didn't get anything. also had a friend try to conect a Mac tool scanner that does ABS codes and he didn't find any codes but all of the lights listed abbove are still lit up. Also looked at each ABS sensor to see if something was frayed or disconected and everything looks good. I didn't take any of the sensors off though

also checked all of the fuses and relays and everything looks good

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info brit. I am actually working my way down the list Starting with the P1212 ( ABC/TCS Communication line) then once I have that issue figured out I am planning on moving down to the next one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Have you tried pulling the battery cable to reset the computer? That would be my first test , then move down the list from there.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried pulling the battery cable to reset the computer? That would be my first test , then move down the list from there.
did that while I was at work the other day for 3 hours. still no joy. going to be throwing her up on stands this weekend and pulling the wheels off to try to figure out whats going on

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it has to do with the Locker anytime mod. I can still lock my locker.

also Ive been checking all of the conections and such this am and this is what I have noticed. if I pull the ABS/ECU fuse, and shift the 4wd selector button into 4Hi then put the fuse back in the Tcase will switch then I can switch from 4 hi to 4lo as I want. only issue is to go from 2wd to 4Hi any ideas. re scanned with the Code reader and my super chip and no codes pending.

what should I look at next

1 - 9 of 9 Posts