23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got this two codes, and i'm not sure what to do
For what I understand:

P1168: Nissan - Closed Loop Control Function Bank 2
Possible causes for Models 2005 and up:
- Faulty Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2
- Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection.

and

P1286: NISSAN - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage Detected Bank 2
Possible Causes:
- Faulty air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 heater Bank 2
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) harness is open or shorted
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) circuit poor electrical connection

Ok Guys, I'm not a mechanic, (actually I'm a computer technician and a nerd) well for what I understand I have to replace the Air fuel ratio sensor 1 bank 2, but,

1. Why I got two SES codes for the same sensor?
  2. Also where in my lovely X is this sensor located?
  3. And from where you guys suggest to buy this sensor?

And last question: I checked the ODB with my tablet and this is a picture of the 2 codes

Why the second code says PENDING FAULT???
This is the first time this SES light appears in eight years!

Thanks a lot in advance, I know I made a lot of questions but i want to know about my truck and this forums is the best automotive forum ever, (I owned other cars and visited other forums and none was like this one)
Really thanks a lot guys!

Ivan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I answered myself:

Now, the part number is: 22693-7S000
And I found on ebay this sensor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UPPER-OXYGE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item417509b684&vxp=mtr
130 dollars, you guys recommend this part or should I buy genuine from the dealer (It cost double at the dealership!!)? or where you recommend?
Also what will happen if i drive the truck like this will it break something??? or stop working?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
37 Posts

Bringing this thread back from the dead instead of starting a new one since I have the exact same two codes as the OP. My bullydog says the codes are P1168 (FRP Sensor in range but low) and P1286 (Accelerator pedal position sensor supply voltage too high). OP's OBDII reader might be more accurate though and it would make more sense if that were an issue.

I just got my magnaflow 12580 installed today and the shop also welded a tiny leak near the driver's side bank 1 catalytic converter. The truck had been throwing a P0430 code off and on for a while but now that DTC doesn't show up and just the two new ones. The codes showed up after about 12 miles of driving and have remained on for another 30 or so. Am I just in need of a new O2 sensor? I read on here that the O2 sensor could be causing the P0430 code, so it seems like a logical reason for the new codes now that the leak is sealed. I'll be calling the shop in the morning but figured I'd take advantage of the wisdom on here first. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Same here. Both same codes.

Came on after I used B12 Chemtooler on a hot day and ran it hard-ish (to clean out gunk I surmised I had in the system since I been running only very short trips prior month with it)

At first i was confident code would go away on its own as harsher cleaner sometimes do this until the car relearns.. but it hasnt in 4 months and 1500 miles. (Except for 1 day but then it came back)
I did also have a P0430 at first but that did go away on its own..

Back then a tech I trust and who knows my truck told me over the phone (since i now live 2 hrs away): "this means your cats are running freer than stock no worry about blowback into engine. Codes not a big deal you can just keep running. I have a trick in the shop to make it go away permanently but since u live in a non emissions county dont worry about it".

Of course talking to the man over the phone is not the same as him actually going at it.

Just like the previous poster I am curious about input from the hive though.
This is an '05 with 91,000 miles (I also suspect a life time short trips before I got it 2 yrs ago)

Car runs strong. Fuel consumption normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts