Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads, my '08 Xterra threw a P0603 (Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error) SES as well as the VDC OFF and SLIP lights, last night. Rewind the past few days, I left my Xterra parked for a few days and when I hopped in to leave for work it didnt start. Assuming it was the old battery biting the dust, I jumped it then replaced the battery the same day. Next day, driving aeoumd Xterra dies at a stop light - no power or anything. I jump out and see that the negative cable is OFF the battery just hanging beside the post, at that point I realized the neg cable was just ate up and could not stay secure on the post for any amount of driving. The day I was replacing the terminal, the SES/VDS OFF/SLIP lights all came on. P0603 x 2 is the only codes it threw, wondering if anyone has any input as to if I need to just drive it around to relearn or if this is something I have to fix? I wish I could put more than these initial used owner problems on this forum instead of pics oof me driving to a river with a kayak on my Xterra, but Im not there just yet... :/

·
Registered
384 Posts
The factory battery on my 08 died at the 3 yr mark and after replacing it, got a dash light (forgot the details). Found out the steering wheel sensor needs a re-cal every time the battery dies/is disconnected. The re-cal procedure is to start the X and immediately drive with the steering wheel perfectly straight for a couple hundred feet. I would start there and hopefully all the lights clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts