Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a code reading today and was told that P0463 Fuel level sensor high input..:dontknow:
Looking around I'm not finding much about it or how to deal with it. Is this like a fuel pump? Does I need to deal with right away or is it something that I can live without?
Thanks for any help.:icon_smile:

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Fuel sending unit is bad. You can replace it yourself for around $80-100 IIRC or pay dealer $450-600. There is a great how-to on the site (and plenty of other posts about it):

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15054

and you can order parts through JerseyParts, he will get you everything you need. Just track your mileage or use a scangauge/other CAN device. Mine has been bad now for over a year. I really need to fix it as I've had the parts and borrowed a tool for it. I plan to tackle it first warm day we get here.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Forgot to add that some people drop the fuel tank while others cut a hole under the rear seats (and make it into a hatch or some other resealable lid) to access the FSU. I plan on cutting a hole as this is a part known to go bad again down the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the helpful info.. Looks like I will be tackling this later this spring and will just watch my tank till then. Glad that it's not something that has to be done right now as it's freaking cold. ;)
I will read up on it more and see if I can get the door figured. Would be handy if this seems to go out here and there..
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
There are more options than just doing it yourself or paying a dealer. I paid a good private shop 120 bucks for them to do it (I bought and provided the part). Well worth it considering its going to take you all day dropping a tank in a driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts