Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually I think I was able to answer my own question. Here is just a single article calling out the need to replace the cover too:

The part number called out in that thread is found here:

Wow okay thanks for the heads up, just got done talking to the parts place that had the IPDM and they said they would leave the cover off the order if I only needed the IPDM itself. I'll call them back and tell them to include the cover.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Also, and I for sure may be wrong, but isn’t a new cover also required for the updated ipdm? Pretty sure I can recall that being a thing. The white ipdm cover not fitting exactly on the black ipdm. Anyone able to verify that info?
Good point. My original cover snaps right in on one side, but not both sides (honestly didn't catch that until now when I went out to look at it). Seems like the black IPDM sits just about 1/8th of an inch too high for both sides to click in. The other issue is the fuse/relay diagram will no longer match up. Clearly, you don't want water and dust and dirt getting in there so I definitely recommend the new cover. I have had my Xterra through numerous car washes and a few slushy/snowy days and have had zero problems, but for $12 why risk it? I just ordered the new cover off Ebay for $13 shipped.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good point. My original cover snaps right in on one side, but not both sides (honestly didn't catch that until now when I went out to look at it). Seems like the black IPDM sits just about 1/8th of an inch too high for both side to click in. The other issue is the fuse/relay diagram will no longer match up. Clearly, you don't want water and dust and dirt getting in there so I definitely recommend the new cover. I have had my Xterra through numerous car washes and a few slushy/snowy days and have had zero problems, but for $12 why risk it? I just ordered the new cover off Ebay for $13 shipped.
Def the right move. Like the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Or a stitch in time saves nine. Either way, smart.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Def the right move. Like the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Or a stitch in time saves nine. Either way, smart.
For sure man. I appreciate the heads up on the cover. I totally missed that one after researching it "thoroughly". Lol.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts