Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Pro-4X, 85K miles, IMMACULATE condition and maintained to perfection. For the last 2 years, when its cold out I get a P0101 code when driving for the first 5 minutes. If I let the engine warm up completely before driving it doesn't seem to come on. I did the ECM Idle Air ECU reset as well as the others. I swapped out the MAF sensor with a Hitachi one and it came back on within days so I put the OEM one back in. I have replaced the air filter and cleaned the throttle body...no luck...

Does ANYONE have any ideas on this? There are other threads discussing this and seems to be a common problem....also it doesn't come on EVERY time I drive in cold weather without warming up the engine...just every few weeks or so

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Kevin in NH

·
Registered
438 Posts
You probably have a minor vacuum or intake manifold leak that is present enough when plastic/metal is contracted in the cold.
I would start it cold and spray quick start around vacuum lines, intake, throttle body etc, and see where the engine idle starts to surge. If it does, you found your leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts