Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
We were directed over here from another site where we are a site sponsor. We are an upstart engineering and fabrication company with interest in the Nissan off-road community. We are in the process of getting our new shop setup and nail down the manufacturing on our product line which will include all 1st and 2nd gen X's and Frontiers. Wanted to pop in and say hello.

We are running a group buy for sliders on another forum, but I do not know the rules about cross posting over here.

http://engineeringpp.com/

·
Registered
277 Posts
Where are you guys located, your website wont load for me?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
how about posting a few pics of the sliders your making, same with any of the other products so we can get an Idea of what these items will look like as well

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where are you guys located, your website wont load for me?
Correct we are headquartered and have design and prototyping in the greater Nashville area and manufacturing in north central Indiana. Being in Middle TN affords us the wonderful opportunity to prove our products out at Windrock Park (formerly Coal Creek) and a few smaller venues.

Website is still in the works. The designer has been on holiday all week. Good gig if you can get it.:icon_smile:

how about posting a few pics of the sliders your making, same with any of the other products so we can get an Idea of what these items will look like as well

This is our basic slider on a 1st gen truck

And here are a couple cad images of the top rail option. We use a slightly different set of angles on the bends than anyone else. I personally love the way it works. Will be working hard to get live pics of a set of these on a truck by the end of the holiday weekend.

Our welder is certified up to 1"

Some details you guys with 2nd gen trucks are probably more concerned about than the 1st gen guys:

Our 2nd gen sliders will be fully bolt on. No welding, no drilling like most all other companies out there.

How?

We will be using a high strength steel pin to sleeve the bolt through the frame on the front mount and using backer plates on the front 2 mounts where bolts will not thread into the frame.

·
Registered
507 Posts
cool. Maths?

If my truck doesn't have armor, how long will it take to grenade my front diff in Moab assuming I drive there only during daylight and do not exceed 100?

Welcome.. it gets like this here sometimes.
As long as you don't exceed 100 mph you should be fine. Some of those runs at Moab are deadly when you take em with no armor at 110 or 120 mph... :dontknow:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool. Maths?

If my truck doesn't have armor, how long will it take to grenade my front diff in Moab assuming I drive there only during daylight and do not exceed 100?

Welcome.. it gets like this here sometimes.
Thanks!

Yes, we like the maths here.:iconbiggrin::tard:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope everyone had a good holiday. We drug our butts out to the shop after overdosing on fried turkey and settled on an exact configuration of our level 2 sliders. We are in the process of setting up the jigs and fixtures for these and for the 2nd gen brackets so we can start cranking them out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see a lot of familiar names over here, but there's plenty I don't recognize. I am way more active on other forums and time is at a premium but I'll do my best to be more active over here.

Wanted to update that we have shipped a good amount of these Will throw up some installed pics in the 2nd gen - since that is the focus of this board. Also will let everyone here know that we now have a 2nd gen for the shop so we can develop right on the truck instead of having to borrow one.

All our sliders - 1st and 2nd gen - are compatible with stock body trucks and 2" body lifted trucks right out of the box. As well as being 100% bolt on - no drilling, no welding.

We are in development of a tube front bumper - with the proper preparation our bumper and sliders will be able to be tied together with a tubular fender protector system.

Finally we have recently invested in massive upgrades to our tools, and improved our jigs to reduce production times. Current lead times (once the holiday weekend is over) is at ~2 weeks order to ship. Add 7-10 days to that for powder coating option.

:wave:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words sir. We try. Lots of things in the pipe right now we are trying to R&D before we just stick them out there for sale.

Happy 4th!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are working on a winch friendly tube bumper for 1st and 2nd gen.

Like our sliders we are trying to keep the styling uniform between generations.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Eager to see what comes of this winch friendly tube bumper talk ...

On the sliders, what's that bolt going laterally through the primary tube? Doesn't seem to tie to any of the mounts, from a quick look through your pics.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts