on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Seen in Nissan Sports Magazine!

Username: Oz_X
Year: 2007
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: 4WD S, Utility Package, Tow Package, Lojack, Compass Rear View Mirror, 100k extended warranty
Color: Avalanche

Noteworthy Acclaim:
Listing of Oz's HOW-TOs (Oz Mods)

Modifications

Full Titan Swap (Titanized!)
  • Titan m205 Diff with Superior 456 gears
  • PRG Titan UCAs
  • Boxed Titan LCAs
  • Titan CV axles
Suspension, Lift, Tires, Wheels
  • 325/85/r16 (38") Michelin XMLs (LAV Tires)
  • PRG Extended Travel Radflos
  • Full Deaver Leaf Pack
  • Rear 10" travel Bilsteen Shocks
  • 6" Fabtech Lift (Dif Drop bracket and spindles)
  • Automotive Customizers 3" Body Lift
  • Spring Over Axle Conversion
  • PRG Shackles
  • PRG Extended braided steel Front brakeline
  • G & J Aircraft Rear Steel Braided Extended Brakelines
  • NISSAN DIY Beadlock Steelies
Drivetrain
Bumpers and Armor
Electrical & Lighting
Recovery and Trail gear
  • On Board Air
  • WARN 8000lb Winch
  • 80' Synthetic winch line
  • ARB Snatch block
  • 8' 30k Tree Saver sling
  • 30' 30k Pro Comp tow strap
  • Engel 45 Refrigerator
  • Expedition Exchange Jerry Can Holders
  • (2) Wedco Jerry Cans (Original Non-leaking Non-CARB) with EE Holder Holders
  • (1) Wedco Water Can
  • Maglite Rechargeable Flashlight
Exterior
  • Gobi Ranger Rack
  • Gobi Ladder
  • OZX1 Snorkel (retired for now)
Ride Height Specs
  • Top of Front Fender well = 44.5"
  • Top of Rear Fender well = 45.75"
Special Thanks to Steven of Rugged Rocks Off Road to whom I am grateful for his friendship and his help.
Special Thanks to Mac of Superior Axle and Gear for his willingness to help the Nissan Off Road Community.

Picts of new tires:

Picts in action:

Old picts in action:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Looks great. Awesome tires!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Yo OZ where's the SAS? Werent you supposed to represent the west coast for SASed new gen X's? Regardless, your X looks good now and i can only assume with your future mods, its gonna look a whole lot better.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xterra3100 said:
Yo OZ where's the SAS? Werent you supposed to represent the west coast for SASed new gen X's?
Yeah well there's this new thang called a Titan Diff Swap, maybe you've haven't heard ? :) I think its a great way to go w/o chopping up your x

Thanks for the compliments - Yeah when there's some gearing for the Titan dif no need to change until then and then some Bigger tires YEAH!

·
on line
44 Posts
mcampana said:
There is no better photo than the one of your rig climbing that big a$$ sand dune. I love that shot.
X2

I also like the one of his X at the beach -

He whipped the dirt.... he whiipped the rocks..... he whipped the sand.....

...... now he's idlin' at the shoreline, trying to figger out how to give all that water a good whuppin'!

I did notice, however, that there's a STOP sign posted on the farthest pier out in the water....

.... so, someone really has to TELL you guys you have to stop at the waters edge???

(...wow.... I'm impressed!... you guys are really radical down there!..... I wanna go 4-wheelin' with YOU guys! [we'll take YOUR rig, though!]}

Nice looking rig - be sure and post some pics with the Schrock add-ons.

-whatever

-Lou

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scarface said:
I did notice, however, that there's a STOP sign posted on the farthest pier out in the water....

.... so, someone really has to TELL you guys you have to stop at the waters edge???
LOL, that's actually to tell you to stop from going any farther south down the shore as it's a protected coastal preserve from that point on.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update on Progress: New Stuff

This is premature as I wanted to be all finished and powdercoated and ready to roll before posting any picts but Irwin (xterra3100) was asking me to post some of the latest mods of my rig. Yes, I know it's a dirty rig - I've either been on runs every weekend or wrenching or working my @ss off at work. I'm behind on a lot of stuff!

I'm waiting to finish some welding on the bumper: extending the plate steel on the supports to the brackets to compensate for the BL and a custom brush guard for the PIAAs. After that gets done the whole lot including the full skids and diff cover will go to the soda blaster and then the powdercoater. Here's the picts:

New Wedco Water Can

Bluetop with Battery Install Mod. Thanks Bigdaddychia!

Unpainted muddy Sliders

Custom welded for 3" BL with boxed gussets

Unpainted SWs bumper with 580 PIAAs, tow hooks and Smittybilt 8K lb winch (Synthetic winchline and Hawse fairlead coming soon)

The whole enchilada in its dirty glory. Notice no BL gap on the bumper.

Suspension stuff coming next!

·
on line
552 Posts
that rig looks great!! I really like the colored cans too.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Lookin good man! Did you get the rear bumper as well? Are ya gonna paint it? Im assuming no since its already mounted. BL does look good!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Thanks OZ! I feel special now. I guess i just gotta make it on more runs to actually see it. Ill be there!

1 - 20 of 279 Posts