Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday down here in South Florida - we got some pretty bad rain for a while and the roads were filled with puddles everywhere.

As of today - my service engine soon light came on. I then took the truck to Advanced Auto parts to scan the codes and I came up with...

P1148
P1168
P0037
P0057
P1031
P1051

All of this showed it was related to the Oxygen sensors which were in closed loop.

Thing is - I had my truck serviced back in the spring in which I had the lower cats replaced with new oxygen sensors. Is it possible they all can go bad at once? Or can this be reset?

·
on line
2,044 Posts
you said lots of rain... with engine cold,exhaust.... you might have gotten some water in between the sensors conectors. get some electrical spray cleaner and remove the harness and spray some electrical connector cleaner.
I would also remove and clean your grounds next to the battery on fender and on the other side.

if you went through a flooded area and your exhaust was under water that could have caused some type of abnormal pressure and caused those codes to come up

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you said lots of rain... with engine cold,exhaust.... you might have gotten some water in between the sensors conectors. get some electrical spray cleaner and remove the harness and spray some electrical connector cleaner.
I would also remove and clean your grounds next to the battery on fender and on the other side.

if you went through a flooded area and your exhaust was under water that could have caused some type of abnormal pressure and caused those codes to come up
Thanks for the tip. Found out that the drivers side Oxygen sensor wire harness got a hold of something and was ripped out somehow when driving on the road. The connector was missing and had to be rewired with a new oxygen sensor. All is well now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts