Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got together with 4 others Xterras and made a trip up to the Spider Lake Trails this past weekend. It was nice and relaxing, good to get away from the Cities and had enough breeze to keep the mosquitoes from attacking too much. I'm looking forward to our next trip.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
777 Posts
Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like fun. I also live in the cities and have been looking to get my truck off the pavement.

I just got a 2011 S. It looks like Spider Lake isn't too far from here. My xterra is stock with all season tires. What are the trails like there? How technical?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trails weren't technical at all. There was one spot near the beginning that required a 3 point turn, a couple spots where you climb and all you see is sky until the peak and then the rest was a nice cruise. The mud pond was really dry...Not much water in it at all, but fun to cross anyway. One of these days, we'd like to go to the park in Gilbert. There's also one in Grand Rapids, out by Redwood Falls. And then some day a trip out to the Black Hills.

What area are you in? I wish I would've seen your post sooner...We just installed a lift on mine yesterday. Would've invited you to join!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in S Mpls. I'd love to put a modest lift on it. I'll probably wait until I have to buy new tires in a few years and get some ATs. The Michelins that are on it now have a lot of miles left . Also has only 72K on it and shocks feel good for now. I'll hold out until I do everything at once.

Would have been great to see you do it though as I have little experience with suspension.

Good to hear about Spider Lake, I see there's some camping there too.

My off roading is pretty limited except for some time in CO in an f150.

This forum is a great resource tons of good info on here. The truck is in good shape and I don't have a ton of mod money right now. But I'd like to update to Android auto, new decks only seem to be around 300 for something decent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts