Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my 07 S model 4x4 which I love. Lots of power, high up, 4x4, silver, great truck.

I wash it about once per week/10 days. wax every 2months. Armor-all (or equiv) every other wash. I make sure the kids don't touch the windows or the exterior of the car to avoid finger prints. I make sure people don't kick around in the car like kids horseplaying around inside, which might cause them to kick certain pieces of the interior damaging it. I park it always in a corner spot, far away as possible from other people's cars. I try to avoid sprinklers etc..... I will take it to the beach, never in salt water, but will run on the beach no problem. I have been to the OBX for a week at a time, and I will wash the truck about three times in 1 week to wash off the sand/salt mist etc. I don't mind it getting dirty but can't stand it just sitting there after done getting dirty, dirty. Gotta get the crud off to protect.

Am I overly obsessive? This isn't my first new car, i have had like 6 others prior. How are the rest of you here when it comes to this sort of thing?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
there's nothing wrong with washing a car every week, gotta keep all the crud off it and keep the paint fresh.

i wash mine about every other week, unless weather does not permit, wax whenever the paint is not glass (maybe once a month), clay bar 2 times a year. interior is cleaned whenever it needs it

·
on line
31 Posts
Wow, you would hate to drive in my X!

My daughter has finger prints all over the rear passenger window not to mention the dozens of cheerios, fruit loops, lucky charms and any other type of cereal she can throw at me when I'm driving that are all over the floor.

I give it a good vacuum every other week or so. I wash it about once a month. I don't get much mud on the X so just the daily dirt, but I guess I should wash it a little more than I do.

·
on line
244 Posts
X2, Try having 2 girls, 16 months old and a 4 year old. I pull out the car seats every so often and suck up at least a box full of cereal and cookies.

·
on line
615 Posts
obsessed.....no....some one on here has a good quote in their signature that goes something like...."obsessed is a word used by lazy people to describe determination" or something along those lines....completely normal

·
on line
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good. i feel better...

:)

·
on line
259 Posts
I think just the fact that we are on this forum shows we are all car guys,
and that is what cars guys do. We love our cars and are "obsessive" about them. Do your thing man, we are all with you!

·
on line
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then all is good.......

i take pride in my ride...

just ordered an aries bullbar black with silver skid. the skid will probably not stay on because i don't think i like the look. i plan on putting lights on it for the beach. i know i know, it decreases my approach angle and it isn't that stout etc, but all i wanted to do was mount some lights without drilling the roof or making it look crappy....so, the front is the best place and i didn't want to get the shrockworks because of price, what is exposed to weather....

:)

i will post pics once i get it and install it, which should be in 2 weeks or so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts