Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
I have used a Simple Shower for years. Too unwieldly with a 2L bottle, but just right with 1 or 1.5L bottle.

I used to carry (and still own) a Zodi Hot Tap. I modified mine to connect the pump to the vehicle battery with alligator clips rather than rely upon a battery pack. Its a terrific unit, but too bulky in relation to other shower alternatives so it is now relegated to my offroad trailer.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve had 2 Yakima sky rise tents. The reason they won’t “fit” an Xterra on the Yakima site is because Yakima never tested them on an Xterra. I spoke with 2 separate customer service reps regarding this and got the same answer. You cannot use the factory crossbars with any tent, you’ll have to fab up your own bars.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
For a shower we’ve really liked the Nemo Helio. It packs down really small and light which is a priority to me.

It fits in the bucket when full, then after using it you can collapse it down and use the bucket for garbage hauling or other duties.

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,018 Posts
For a shower we’ve really liked the Nemo Helio. It packs down really small and light which is a priority to me.

View attachment 133528

It fits in the bucket when full, then after using it you can collapse it down and use the bucket for garbage hauling or other duties.
Pretty sure that's the one Venture4wd (YouTube) uses as well, he spoke highly of the product.

Me? I'm sticking to the bulk Kirkland baby wipes for now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Zodi I have is the Zodi Extreme (see review above) which does not use battery power, just a hand pump to pressurize the tank. I agree the Zodi shower stand is a pain and not really necessary. I bought my Zodi Extreme used from ebay and it came with a cracked nozzle which ended up being a good thing because I found a different plastic nozzle from a solar shower which will fit and allows you to turn the water on and off at the nozzle. It is a great improvement compared to the stock Zodi version my son has.

Also, I agree the 1.5 liter size soda bottle is also the correct size for something like the Simple Shower, not the two liter.

Will have to check out the no rinse wipes!

By the way, if you are overlanding on an occasional basis you really should check out the roXterra website. He has really cool steel or aluminum low profile racks that fit between the stock bars. I am definitely considering purchasing one of his rather than a Gobi or some of the other possibilities.as his racks are made specifically for the Xterra.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
886 Posts
I take along one of these and hang it from a bar I made that hooks to the roof rack. Takes up basically no space.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts