Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey man, not sure if I’m reading it wrong, but did the previous owner achieve the 2” of lift with aftermarket leaf springs but stock suspension?

I’m looking to lift my X 2”, but don’t want to spend upwards of $1000 for a lift kit!
previous owner used the OME HD Kit to achieve the lift. This includes: front coil overs, rear shocks, and leaf springs. This is like $1.5k?

If you’re looking for a budget option, I would just do a spacer/shackle combo on some Bilsteins in the front. I will be selling my OME coil overs shortly though. Unfortunately I can’t pinpoint how many miles are on them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
previous owner used the OME HD Kit to achieve the lift. This includes: front coil overs, rear shocks, and leaf springs. This is like $1.5k?

If you’re looking for a budget option, I would just do a spacer/shackle combo on some Bilsteins in the front. I will be selling my OME coil overs shortly though. Unfortunately I can’t pinpoint how many miles are on them.
Ohh gotcha. Yeah I’ve been researching lifts and have been eyeing the 2” lift on AllDogsOffroad with the Bilstein 5100s, but just can’t justify spending that money on it right now.

I actually just came across the 2” PRG spacer/shackle lift and am going to do more research, but it seems like the best option.

Do you know if there are any cons to running stock coil overs with the spacer and shackle combo? I will eventually probably get some 5100s but for the time being, from my understanding, I think it will be ok.

I’m pretty new to coil over suspension so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I’ve only owned some classic trucks and it’s quite a bit different!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ohh gotcha. Yeah I’ve been researching lifts and have been eyeing the 2” lift on AllDogsOffroad with the Bilstein 5100s, but just can’t justify spending that money on it right now.

I actually just came across the 2” PRG spacer/shackle lift and am going to do more research, but it seems like the best option.

Do you know if there are any cons to running stock coil overs with the spacer and shackle combo? I will eventually probably get some 5100s but for the time being, from my understanding, I think it will be ok.

I’m pretty new to coil over suspension so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I’ve only owned some classic trucks and it’s quite a bit different!
Compared to other people on this forum I am not incredibly knowledgeable on suspension.

PRG makes great quality parts, but keep in mind there service can be bad (plenty of threads on this). You can call PRG or Nisstec and they can provide details on the options. Personally, I would just get the bilsteins since the cost wouldn’t be that much more when you’re already having to take the coil over out (that probably already has a lot of miles on it and could use replacing)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts