Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Overhead Video System

1759 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MidnightX
Has anyone installed an overhead video system in their X? Do you think it's do-able? I cringe :evil4: at the thought of cutting into the headliner. I want to do it for the kids but I'm torn between that and configuring something in the back that will hold my laptop.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
bluzfan said:
Has anyone installed an overhead video system in their X? Do you think it's do-able? I cringe :evil4: at the thought of cutting into the headliner. I want to do it for the kids but I'm torn between that and configuring something in the back that will hold my laptop.
No problem...the hard part is making cutting the trim on the dvd player so that it will fit the form of the roof. Also you don't need to cut a big hole only about a 4" in diameter hole depending on what unit you go with. As far as laws concerning video check on it from your local stereo shop. In MN you can have screens anywhere as long as they are not visable by the driver while driving.

-Cowboy
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.