Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Old memory, did someone have problems with the shaft coming out of the transfer case running out and causing a leak?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Also, did you put the plastic piece in the upper right of this photo in with the new seal? (Not that I'd guess it would cause a leak if it was missing)

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Yes I did, bought everything together and they looked just like that. Are they somehow different for 2011’s or manual transmission? Maybe the inner diameter of the seal or something is supposed to be larger? The packaging says: nissan group genuine part 33140-7s110 seal-oil rear
Mine is an '11 S with a 6MT, so I'd say it's the right part.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Seems like it would be then. Only thing I can think of is throwing another new seal at it. How far out is your yoke sitting? I only ask because the only thing I’ve noticed is there’s a small beveled edge on the yoke closer to where it connects with the driveshaft, I’m thinking maybe the yoke needs to be seated in the transmission more so the beveled edge can sit against the seal
I'm nowhere near my X to look, but doesn't the position of the yoke slip on the output shaft as the suspension/axle moves up and down?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts