Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over in XOC as well. Thought I'd share it here since having these two models sitting right next to one another in the same photo is pretty rare.

Sold my precious 2002 SE/SC and picked up a 2006 OR. Managed to snap a pic or two before the buyer picked her up.

I have to be honest, having them sit next to one another, I like the looks of the older style better - especially with the 5-spoke rims.

All in all, the 2002 was a fine truck and I am quite sad about getting rid of her. But the extra power and room will be nice with the newer version.



 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
I didn't know they made the SC in yellow. I used to have a black one. Was a great vehicle, but the SC belts needed replacing 4 times.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Duck said:
I have to be honest, having them sit next to one another, I like the looks of the older style better - especially with the 5-spoke rims.
I agree with that statement, I've thought that for a long time.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
for me I it's just the front end. I like the old ones front end better the best rest they are the same to me.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it on Ebay. Searched and searched forever and all I could find where chrome ones. Then I bumped into that one. It is very well made and will work perfectly for the Daylighters I ordered.

Only bad thing is you lose the front tow hook whenyou install it.
:(
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
Duck said:
Found it on Ebay. Searched and searched forever and all I could find where chrome ones. Then I bumped into that one. It is very well made and will work perfectly for the Daylighters I ordered.

Only bad thing is you lose the front tow hook whenyou install it.
:(
After reading this, I went looking and found this. If you scroll down the page it will let you look up your vehicle. The black bull bar for 05-06 Fronty is $279.00, this should fit ours as well.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
551 Posts
nice picts.
might be in the minority here, but never could get into the 1st gen Xterra.
prefer the look of the gen 2's: more pronouced fender flares, front end is more aggressive. with this vehicle size it works good. on the pathy and armada it just makes them look heavier and bulkier.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Nice pic. Great color choice too :cheers:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
79 Posts
Magic Rat said:
nice picts.
might be in the minority here, but never could get into the 1st gen Xterra.
prefer the look of the gen 2's: more pronouced fender flares, front end is more aggressive. with this vehicle size it works good. on the pathy and armada it just makes them look heavier and bulkier.
i completely agree with you
 

·
on line
Joined
·
559 Posts
Magic Rat said:
nice picts.
might be in the minority here, but never could get into the 1st gen Xterra.
prefer the look of the gen 2's: more pronouced fender flares, front end is more aggressive. with this vehicle size it works good. on the pathy and armada it just makes them look heavier and bulkier.
I'm with you. I never liked the look of the 1st gens as well. However, the 2nd gens looks beefier and aggressive looking. What I don't like is how similar it looks like the Pathfinder.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top