Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
245 Posts
Nitto makes a tire called the Mud Grappler which is available in a 33x11.50x16. It's pretty spendy though. Also, tire sizes vary by the manufacturer, some 285/75/16 tires may actually be 33" even if that's not what the numbers should measure out to. Also, BFG (AT), Hankook (Dynapro MT) and Nitto (Terra Grappler) make 295/75/16, BFG's being 33.2" and Hankook's and Nitto's being 33.6". Basically, you just have to look at the manufacturer sites to get the actual specs on tires...

·
on line
245 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Would the BFG 295/75/16s work on the X with my lift setup?

Also, is that a big jump from the 285 to the 295? Looks, practicality, fit?
It's not a big jump at all. The specs off the BFG site say that the 295's are 33.2" in diameter and 11.5" in width, and the 285's are 32.8" in diameter and 11.4" in width. They ill look almost identical and they are the same price, give or take a couple (literally) bucks.

·
on line
245 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Thanks for the info cHurt! Think I'll stick w/ the 285's and save a couple of bucks, doesn't seem like that big of a deal!
Yeah, it wouldn't be worth it since you already have a set of 285's. I on the other hand have a set of 265 MT's which I may just have to trade in on those 295 AT's... :thumbright:

·
on line
245 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Actually, I'm currently running 265s but with this sale going on at Discount Tire I'm upgrading to the 285s. Also going to put on Cragar 342 series wheels!
Nice! Are the Cragars going to fit without spacers or adapters or anything?

·
on line
245 Posts
The bolt pattern hasn't been the main problem in a search for wheels for our trucks. It's been the wheel clearance of the caliper. You may run into problems there, just for the heads up!

·
on line
245 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Yeah I heard that, too. Still contemplating keeping the stock S wheels for now, powdercoat 'em, continue wheel search later. Though the balancing on the stock wheels is just a pain I hear.
It's been an issue for some, and not for others. I'm picking up a set of the Pro Comp 7089's though. Garunteed fit, 8 inches wide, and i love the deep dish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts