Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... I decided to start my own thread on this one. Between myself, SexTerra and Trifler, we could fill up that previous post pretty quick and make it difficult to scroll through and find the good info.

On a side note, I also feel bad bumping that SAS thread because it's so damn cool!

I got my TC UCA's from PRG yesterday. Man those things are beefy. Judging by what Greg says, Radflo has just been swamped with orders recently. My shocks are still delayed, but Greg hopes they'll start 'em on Monday.

Calmini told me that they hope to get everything back from the powder coater in "mid-March," which would push the actual shipping date out a little past their initial "3 to 5 weeks" estimate. Once Calmini ships I'm hoping that it doesn't take long to get here, as I'm only 1 state to the north and just up Interstate 5. I'm also hoping to get everything installed the weekend of March 23rd-25th, as I've got a dunes trip planned for the last weekend in March. Just waiting on parts at this point.

I'm going to start posting Nissan part #'s for small nuts/bolts that people might want to replace if they do this. I'll list the price I paid for each at my local stealership.

Front axle lock-nut: 40262-2Y000 ($3.16)
Axle lock-nut cotter pin: 40073-0L700 ($0.67)

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Nice. When is your calmini lift arriving?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... new update from Calmini. Guy who answered the phone told me that the next run of the Frontier kits will be the first to ship because they have more Fronty orders. The Xterra kits won't ship "until the end of the month at the earliest" (direct quote). So the initial "3 to 5 weeks" estimate that I was given has now been pushed out to at least 8 weeks ("at the earliest") from the time I placed my order. I get the feeling that they get a lot of calls like this as I was told that the "best thing" that I can do is continue to check my answering machine. Yay.

Also... Greg at PRG is working up another set of rear shocks for me, as it appears that his initial measurements were a little off. Also, he thinks he might need to use a smaller ("internal") end cap. As always, Greg has been awesome to deal with and I'm sure we'll have this dialed in in a week or two if anyone else decides to go this route.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Sucks about the 5" Lift delay.

Awesome about the rear shocks!

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright.... scrap this entire thread.

I reached my wits end with Calmini and cancelled my order.

When I placed my order they told me the lift would ship at the end of February. Now they're telling me it'll be another 3 to 4 weeks. That's become the standard response now. A few weeks back one guy (who probably wasn't supposed to say this) told me that the Frontier kits would ship before the Xterra kits because they had more Fronty orders. Long story short, there's no way I'm getting this thing installed and dialed in before GONE.

On top of that... I asked them If they could ship my parts bare metal so I wouldn't have to deal with their crappy blue powdercoating. Last week I offered to PAY THEM EXTRA to powdercoat black. They still said no.

What it boils down to is I don't want to give them any money.

I'm just going to go with a good 2.5-3 inch setup now. I ordered some new 2" lift Alcans and Daystar shackles.

I called up Greg, he's going to take my 5" lift front coilovers back and give me a FULL REFUND. I've got some of the 0-3" adjustable Radflos on the way. The rear Radflos that he was having re-done for me weren't quite done yet, so it isn't too late to have the shafts shortened a couple of inches.

I wish all of the vendors were as cool to deal with as Greg. I'll have no qualms about giving more business to this guy down the road.

Also had a short conversation about his wife's Xterra. We should be hearing some rumors in the next month or so about what he's done to it. I don't want to ruin it... but it's going to be pretty killer if he gets everything done.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
wow, sucks calmini wouldn't work with you...that's pretty crappy customer service

i've heard nothing but good reviews about greg and prg...i'll have to place an order sometime if i ever get my lift off the ground.

·
on line
246 Posts
OregonX said:
Alright.... scrap this entire thread.

I reached my wits end with Calmini and cancelled my order.

When I placed my order they told me the lift would ship at the end of February. Now they're telling me it'll be another 3 to 4 weeks. That's become the standard response now. A few weeks back one guy (who probably wasn't supposed to say this) told me that the Frontier kits would ship before the Xterra kits because they had more Fronty orders. Long story short, there's no way I'm getting this thing installed and dialed in before GONE.

On top of that... I asked them If they could ship my parts bare metal so I wouldn't have to deal with their crappy blue powdercoating. Last week I offered to PAY THEM EXTRA to powdercoat black. They still said no.

What it boils down to is I don't want to give them any money.

I'm just going to go with a good 2.5-3 inch setup now. I ordered some new 2" lift Alcans and Daystar shackles.

I called up Greg, he's going to take my 5" lift front coilovers back and give me a FULL REFUND. I've got some of the 0-3" adjustable Radflos on the way. The rear Radflos that he was having re-done for me weren't quite done yet, so it isn't too late to have the shafts shortened a couple of inches.

I wish all of the vendors were as cool to deal with as Greg. I'll have no qualms about giving more business to this guy down the road.

Also had a short conversation about his wife's Xterra. We should be hearing some rumors in the next month or so about what he's done to it. I don't want to ruin it... but it's going to be pretty killer if he gets everything done.
doesnt suprise me- calmini or i mean calshitty has the worst customer service ive ever seen, they are very innacurate on their shippin times and what jason tells you on the phone and what happens are two totally different things-to make a long story short i was unhappy with the bumper they sent me-quality especially-was told by the owner himself that he was sending me a new one- the months went by and was told it was on the way at easter time-they said it would get here sunday, it actually got here saturday and i was unavailable with the Champ car races and was told ill be gettin a call to recieve setup time to get my new and never heard from them since. calmini sucks in my opinion and from what i know over at Clubfrontier............................and other peoples buddys who have got their SAS kit-who say they will never buy from calmini again-seems like at least 75% of people ive seen are unhappy with them and wont deal with them again.

·
on line
246 Posts
sorry for the rant..............................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts