Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
245 Posts
Just a few from a couple trips up there. I had a ton more, but they are on my old computer which is MIA right now... It gets a ton of snow in the winter and is just an awesome place to wheel during summer. The roads to trails do get pretty narrow at certain points, so it's important to have a CB especially to listen for logging trucks headed your way.

·
on line
245 Posts
hendrixfan said:
I have been wanting to go up there, are there good trails for a stock vehicle too?
Yeah. There are trails for all levels of vehicles. In the first picture, my X is completely stock except for the mud tires and it faired well. I will warn that it can get very confusing looking for trails up there though, mainly because of the size of the TSF.

·
on line
272 Posts
I know this an old thread but, I need some info. I was wondering what it's like there. Are there different rated trails like on a ski hill? Green-easy, Blue-medium, Black-hard. Or is it just a forest service road leading to a logging area? We don't have any OHV parks in BC that I know of, so I'm not to sure what to expect.

Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

·
on line
245 Posts
RoughRoad said:
I know this an old thread but, I need some info. I was wondering what it's like there. Are there different rated trails like on a ski hill? Green-easy, Blue-medium, Black-hard. Or is it just a forest service road leading to a logging area? We don't have any OHV parks in BC that I know of, so I'm not to sure what to expect.

Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
It's actually both of what you described. It is a logging area, with work trucks working on the weekdays, but the roads also branch off into OHV trails for all types of vehicles. There are different trails which are rated according to their difficulty. I will repeat that it is difficult to find your way around there, so be sure to buy a map of the OHV trails in the Tillamook Forest before you go exploring. And it is also helpful to bring a CB radio if you decide to go on a weekday so you can listen in to where the logging trucks are... Hope that helped a bit

·
on line
272 Posts
Yes, that info helped. Thank you.

As for the map of the trails, where would one be able to purchase the map?[/quote]

·
on line
20 Posts
I took my stock OR on some of the Black Diamonds. The trails there are fun, some definite challenges if you look for them. I go there about once a month, sadly it does get old. :(

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, I was hoping to get up to Tillamook for a little pre-Moab camping and wheeling run, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Will probably have to wait until later in the summer. Anybody have any more pics to tide me over in the meantime?

·
on line
245 Posts
OregonX said:
Man, I was hoping to get up to Tillamook for a little pre-Moab camping and wheeling run, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Will probably have to wait until later in the summer. Anybody have any more pics to tide me over in the meantime?
No more pics, because I haven't been up there since thanksgiving weekend, but this summer we should definitely do a little run up there with some X's in the area. If anyone's into firearms, there's a big rock quarry where we could fire off some rounds too! :cheers:

·
on line
707 Posts
My buddy and I were talking about going up there soon to shoot at the quarry. I might try a trail or two but being stock I will of course be limited. I will make sure we get some pics of the areas we can though. If anyone is going to go it would be cool to meet up and I would like to drive the trails I can.

·
on line
500 Posts
Thanksgiving was the last time I've been shooting guns, but I do shoot the bow every weekend. So, I'd be up for shooting and wheeling any time.

Patrick

·
on line
20 Posts
My brother and I are heading up there Saturday morning (the 24th). Mostly to waste some ammo at the quarry, but I always do some trails.
~Dave

·
on line
500 Posts
Drat, Spring brings maintance on the house, yard, motorcycles and X. This being the first dry spring weekend of the year, and the X needs it's oils changed before Moab... No, play-time this weekend.

Patrick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey i live in oregon and was wondering if any of u guys are going to be wheelin' anytime soon? been bored with crooked finger up by scotts mills. wanna go do TSF, but dont wanna go alone!

·
on line
22,508 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I've told her many times to post in that thread. Instead she went ahead and revived a 5 year old picture thread and didn't even post a picture!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts