Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling out the CC and getting ready to submit my order with Nisstec, my biggest question is, am I missing something??? replacing the rear leaf springs and am not sure if I should replace the stock shocks while I am at it as well. If I am going to order the shocks, I am tossed up between

Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks or
TJM Rear Gold Series Shocks

Here is my shopping list ( so far):
-OME CS061R Dakar Leaf Springs
-Adjustable Rear Lift Shackles
-Steel Axle Degree Shims
-U-Bolt Kit

Am I missing something and any recommendations/ Feedback on shocks listed above ??

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bushings are included with the purchase of the leaf packs ( called and confirmed that with Nisstec this AM )

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am thinking about going with the Bilstein 5100 Shocks, now with that being decided, I am thinking that I should go with the ones designed with the 2-4" of lift ( because I am getting the adjustable shackles) am I going in the right direction with this thought.

the reason I am hesitating to make sure I have everything wright, ( don't want to half to pay for duties coming into Canada ) for multiple orders because I screwed up with with my thinking

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am running stock front suspension with a set of ready lift spacers.
for the moment I am focussign on the rear, when I have enough $$$ ( probably my next tax return) I am thinking about going with some adjustable coilovers, and some new UCA's.

My main focus for the rear suspension is because my leaf pack is shot and I tow a 4300lb camper on a regular basis ( might still get the HD leaf for the dakar leaf pack at a later date depending on how they fare with the camper) .

that being said, I just pulled the pin on the suspension parts with a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so where did we land on figuring out what kind of grease to use with OME bushings. I my list of parts ordered in the OP did not come with grease for the bushings.

what one to use
White lithium grease or a petroleum based grease

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
ok so where did we land on figuring out what kind of grease to use with OME bushings. I my list of parts ordered in the OP did not come with grease for the bushings.

what one to use
White lithium grease or a petroleum based grease
I used Mobil 1 synthetic grease on mine over a year ago and has no issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts