Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after a while of deliberation, tomorrow I'm going to plasti dip the rims orange. Getting a little sick of the black on black on black on black on.. you get the idea.
I've only seen one thread involving oragne rims on here. Anyone else got em? As long as I can figure out how to post pics I surely will when I'm done.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Awww how cute decorating he X with fall colors! Maybe a small autumn wreath around the Nissan Logo on the grille?

:p

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just like anything else. The first guy to try gets ridiculed then it becomes the new thing. It's your truck man. Do it and take some pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do it up my man, I rock white trail rims on my white truck and it looks great. Shake up the normal black on black look. One word of advice on the plasti-dip, if you're going to be doing a lot of wheeling the dip will not hold up. I only got about 5 or 6 trips out of mine before they started peeling.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Do it up my man, I rock white trail rims on my white truck and it looks great. Shake up the normal black on black look. One word of advice on the plasti-dip, if you're going to be doing a lot of wheeling the dip will not hold up. I only got about 5 or 6 trips out of mine before they started peeling.
pics of white rims please. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
and there's NOTHING wrong with this look...

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, I was certainly expecting the halloween comments. Kind of like naming a kid, i tend to think of all the ways that someone could make fun of the choice. Not that that deters me, just kinda how my mind works. And considering I'm in Maine and even having black rims is out of the ordinary, I'm sure the orange will draw some attention.
As for the body side molding, I don't have them but I think even that would be too much if it were orange. I always had the feeling with bright colors that they should be used in moderation or your rig starts looking polka-dotted.
Was too busy wrenching on the Harley to get to it this weekend but will post a pic this week of my fall colored rims when done, hopefully this week. Of course, I'll try to include my pumpkin pie, pumpkin spiced latte, a bag of apples I picked, and my LLBean flannel in the pic as well :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts