Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the Nissan dealer earlier and saw a 2007 OR Xterra on the lot along with the 06 OR. I parked in between the 07 and 06 to compare ride height against mine, and wow big difference. My front end sits 2" higher, of course, with spacers. The rear however is about 1" lower than the 06 OR!! It sits even with the 07 tho, strange. I have AC shackles and it still sits lower than the 06, but strange how it is even with the 07. I asked a salesman why, but we all know that they dont know anything. I measured the shocks on both and they are the same length, but 1" longer as compared to my S model. My concern is, did my rear springs sag already? I hope not! I only have 17k miles on it! Any suggestions? Complaints?

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had to remove those before i went to the stealership haha

are the bilstiens stiffer than the S model shocks? are they longer? worth buying or get the adjustable ranchos for my lift?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
the shock length won't affect your ride height so Bil's, Rancho's or stock won't matter.
Some sagging is probably not out of the question.
The OR's also have bigger tires!

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, no there are no dead hookers in the back... that i know of.

ive got 275/70s, same height as 265/75s only wider. i thought the 265/75s were on the OR model just a different tread pattern?

·
on line
564 Posts
Hmm...I know this doesn't account for much of the difference but most 275/70-16s have about a .4-.6" smaller diameter than the 265/75-16.

Rob

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
robnfl said:
Hmm...I know this doesn't account for much of the difference but most 275/70-16s have about a .4-.6" smaller diameter than the 265/75-16.

Rob

ya know... i just did the conversion, and realized that. haha. but when i put the 275s up against the 265s they were the same height. hmm... must be the tread.
but im getting 285s tomorrow, so it will lift my vehicle somewhat. then i will compare against the same two OR models. i know there will be a big difference.

damn Les Schwab lied to me and made me get these Toyo's for free!! (my friend is the manager there, so she hooked me up) :cheers:
there not bad tires, just not my taste. they will be installed on my dads 06 pathy tho.

i measured my tire height and my neighbors tire height, 1/2" difference. he has a 05 S with stock tires. so i am thinking my tires are at fault here... stupid me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts