Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Should I get the OR badges because I'm half way there?!

OR Badges

10K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  cornick 
#1 ·
So after talking with Ponyboy the other night I've decided to throw this out there as a poll.

Today I'm receiving the front and rear axle of his OR and going to put it on my S (First Locked S baby!). Along with his Bilsteins too! I'll be short the wheels (thanks to koko) and the hill decent control.

Does this make it close enough to buy the OR badges and put them on?

#2 ·
Yea, I Think it's Cool. IF you been doing some Mods. Lift, Tires, etc.
I did. Looks better than Aftermarket stuff. I got 3 and put one on Rear also. Shows your intentions A lot better than an XOC Sticker that won't stick. MC

#3 ·
USMC XTERRA said:
Yea, I Think it's Cool. IF you been doing some Mods. Lift, Tires, etc.
I did. Looks better than Aftermarket stuff. I got 3 and put one on Rear also. Shows your intentions A lot better than an XOC Sticker that won't stick. MC
You mean that XOC sticker that stayed on my truck for 2 days before the wind took it off? :scratch:

#4 ·
I said yes why not if you want to? Are you a wanna be? I don't think so considering you wheel your X harder then 99% of Offroad owners, including myself.

#5 ·
B Slater said:
I said yes why not if you want to? Are you a wanna be? I don't think so considering you wheel your X harder then 99% of Offroad owners, including myself.
He is a wantabe OR model, but he will be 90% there after this mod. Go for it.

Jeff, if you did not bring this up I was going to send Scott 2 OR emblems for you when you do the install. But I guess you saved me a few $$?

#6 ·
B Slater said:
I just wish I knew I would get into it like this then I would have bought the OR version. :(

kokopop said:
Jeff, if you did not bring this up I was going to send Scott 2 OR emblems for you when you do the install. But I guess you saved me a few $$?
Haha, serious man? That would rock. :) I'll uh...let you buy them then and then you can say you "own" part of my truck. :cheers:

#7 ·
cornick said:
B Slater said:
I just wish I knew I would get into it like this then I would have bought the OR version. :(

kokopop said:
Haha, serious man? That would rock. :) I'll uh...let you buy them then and then you can say you "own" part of my truck. :cheers:
Yeah I was serious. I thought it would be funny. Of couse it would not have been the expensive one.

#8 ·
Ahhhh I don't know. I got a good "S" package as far as how they ordered it, Power, 5 Speed and all that. The way I wheel, I don't need the locker. I'd much rather and glad I did get the Winch and winch Bumper, Sliders, Lift, Pro Comps shocks, Timbren and the OR Badge for a Lot Cheaper. I intended to get Air Locker, but, now, after going where I go. I realize I don't need it. It'll only get me doing things that will toast the front diff. I'm sure! LOL

In fact, had I to do It again, I would get everything the same, But they can keep the rear sway, mudflaps, rear shocks, shackles, Stereo, speakers, Non locking roof bin handle, & glove box handle, The balance-rs you take off to install Sliders, The front bumper and parts, The Rear Bumper and tow bar, And the AT tires. Did I miss anything? I did huh?
MC

#20 ·
So, I have the OR badges on my S. I am actually picking up OR Rims next weekend.
I have a lift, I have 33" MT tires, sliders, truck tampon, I don't have a locker or the Stereo upgrade. I wheel and not just on a gravel road.

What do I not have on my truck that is different than the OR besides the stereo and the locker?

#21 · (Edited)
The REAL difference between an Off Road model and any other Xterra is a locking differential.

A lift has nothing to do with an Off Road Xterra.

33" MT tires has nothing to do with an Off Road Xterra.

Sliders have nothing to do with an Off Road Xterra.

I dunno... it seems you are trying to manufacture the ownership of a particular model that doesn't even come equipped with the add-ons you have already applied. It's simply a version of a truck. You either own it or you don't. Sounds to me like you have a have a great truck there.

The locking differential is sorta the heart of the Off Road Xterra... but honestly... chances are you don't even need it as the 4WD version is already quite capable.

#22 ·
That's pretty lame. Sounds like you're caught up with image. Any X with 4 wheel drive is capable of some pretty awesome 4 wheeling given that the right driver is behind the wheel. It doesn't matter if it has the bilstein shocks, skids, or OR emblems. But yes having the skids can protect bigtime and the shocks do make a great difference in realtime driving response when hitting tough terrain. I've ripped off one skid 4 wheeling last summer. I plan on replacing some of those skids with much thicker skids like SHROCK skids maybe.

#23 ·
I think my original post got confused with the latest one...and my original was a LONG time ago.

And yes, I have the locking diff...the only S to do so.

#24 ·
I have the locking diff...the only S to do so.
Yeah but Creek is currently threatening to match you on this now...and is raising the bar by matching me on a Titan front dif with Pathy V8 axles...after that neither us will be the "only" any longer although we'll always be first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.