Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone with an OR model has removed the body side moldings, or any model that has added the badges without the moldings. Pics please. I'm thinking of doing this because I am gradually going to eliminate all of the factory gray color and replace it with a flat black finish or black bed liner, and ditching the moldings would be the easiest route to deal with that section....

·
on line
15 Posts
I took my badges off last night with 15 pound test fishing line, it worked great. I also sanded and painted them all flat black. They came out awsome, it looks grat on the silver paint.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
So I know you only have five posts Dutchman but doing a mod and not posting any pics is just plain unacceptable.

Lets see the results dude!!!!!!

·
on line
2,125 Posts
wow that does look good. might have to do this in a different color seeing as i have a Red Brawn and it would show up as well on it.

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
wow that does look good. might have to do this in a different color seeing as i have a Red Brawn and it would show up as well on it.
Try JIMBO Yellow.

·
on line
638 Posts
I just did this with metallic gray paint (homedepot). I just got some double sided molding tape. Its the 3M with the red plastic on it. it worked well and feels very sturdy.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
yep, i am gonna have to do this. it will look great on the short bus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts