Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a new battery tomorrow. I cant decide between the odyssey 35-PC1400T-A or the Optima Yellow top 8040-218 D35.

The odyssey is $268.89 vs optima is $239.99. The odyssey also puts out more amps and has more reserve minutes. Does that make it better?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
start saving for the dual batt mod....
all batteries fail, thats why we have redundant systems.
i need to buy at least one tomorrow and then down the road ill decide on the dual battery mod. Cant see myself forking over $550 for batteries right now. One will do.

·
on line
14,613 Posts
i need to buy at least one tomorrow and then down the road ill decide on the dual battery mod. Cant see myself forking over $550 for batteries right now. One will do.
Till you're in the middle of a difficult trail and the battery dies.

...................Use the dual force Travis

·
on line
236 Posts
I need to order a new battery tomorrow. I cant decide between the odyssey 35-PC1400T-A or the Optima Yellow top 8040-218 D35.

The odyssey is $268.89 vs optima is $239.99. The odyssey also puts out more amps and has more reserve minutes. Does that make it better?
i went with the odyssey

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had two brand new Optima batteries fail on me within 2 months with no hard use. The third one appears to be working right. Atleast they had a good warranty.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Die Hard P1 Platinum. Same as the Odyssey and I got mine for $199.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I personally am a fan of the Optima yellowtops.... no good reason other than thats what we use in most military applications... but remember, thats the lowest bidder.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I heard from a good source that Optima is owned by Johnson Controls, and that they spent a good amount of money on manufacturing and quality control when they took over the brand.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
had the flashers on for 5 hrs the other day in the work truck, it drained the yellow top............and the yellow top is only 4-5 months old..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts