Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up AC coils and AALs this weekend from another member on here and throwing the lift on in the next couple weeks. I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I like the 265s on there or not (as far as looks go). In some pics I've seen on here, they look fine with the lift, in others I thought they might've not looked big enough. What is the majority concensus on here? Do ya'll think the 265s are a little lacking when there is a lift on the truck?

I know this is kind of beating a dead horse, but I really can't decide.

Thanks guys

·
on line
1,792 Posts
alexrex20 said:
Lifting it to keep stock tire sizes is dumb, if I'm being honest with you...
If a "lift" means a more capable suspension, then that's not necessarily true. But in my opinion, even with bigger tires, lifts just for the sake of ride height are hard to justify. Better chance of a rollover, unnecessary joint wear, that's for sure.

But lifts do look cool, and to each his/her own. IMHO, for looks, I like 285 75 16s on even an unlifted X. I would not keep the 265s with a several inch lift.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
alexrex20 said:
Lifting it to keep stock tire sizes is dumb, if I'm being honest with you...

Why? What if a person just wants to sit higher, just because he can? nothing wrong with that.

·
on line
671 Posts
lift it & replace tires when worn out.
alittle more cost effective
Tires won't look that small if you still have stock bumper

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys, I think I agree with you, but mcampana has 265s with a lift, looks pretty good.

I'll wait till the 265s wear out and pick up 285s in the future some time

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I'm gonna lift my truck and i haven't even thought about going to a larger tire. I think the 265/75 look fine. Im lifting just for the looks and the small advantage i'll get when off road. So far i've got the prg spacers, now just waiting for funds for the deavers and bils out back

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah, I'm pretty much knocking everything out in one looonggg weekend. The lift will go on, axle shimmed, and stealthing the wheels. I just put a flowmaster 50 series SUV exhaust on yesterday. Rest of the mods should be done a couple weekends from now. It's hard to find the time

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Well 195 is better than 260 is what I was getting quoted up here. TXterra37
did you get your from the tire rack? does tire rack have an actual store? or only online?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
miles said:
Well 195 is better than 260 is what I was getting quoted up here. TXterra37
did you get your from the tire rack? does tire rack have an actual store? or only online?
i went to NTB and told the guy i was thinking about buying them off tirerack. He matched the price of the 265 AT KO's @ $165/tire + install. ended up getting all 5 right @ $980 out the door instead of paying almost $100 in shipping.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
miles said:
does tire rack have an actual store? or only online?
They're an online outlet with a number of regionally-based warehouses. So shipping is a factor, as well as having a local business (tire shop, for example) that can receive the goods.

I've had a lot of luck getting the best deal I can find online, then getting my local guys to match it, thus adding the free rotations and other conveniences of having an actual relationship with a tire shop. In fact, my tire shop lets me use their address for things like Shrock bumpers (cheaper to ship to a business, and safer, of course).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts