Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Looks like a knock-off version of the Total Chaos arms ...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
If you look at gregs then you can see how his cirve more to allow for more travel. I imagine these to be better than stock but about the same as the rough country ones which i have run before. better than stock but no where near gregs.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Im guessing Chinese knock offs. I would be hesitant on these if you planned on abusing them as it doesn't specify dom or seamed tubing or wall thicknesses. Also for that price it is going to have very cheap uniballs etc. which means not only questionable strength but premature uniball failure. At about 90 bucks each for good uni's and time doing it etc you might as well got the Original Total Chaos arms.

Nick
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im guessing Chinese knock offs. I would be hesitant on these if you planned on abusing them as it doesn't specify dom or seamed tubing or wall thicknesses. Also for that price it is going to have very cheap uniballs etc. which means not only questionable strength but premature uniball failure. At about 90 bucks each for good uni's and time doing it etc you might as well got the Original Total Chaos arms.

Nick
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok..... someone has to be the 8 year old in the room :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
FWIW, the only issue is the uniballs...get two good uniballs for a total of about $75/shipped and you just save $300...

BTW, there are some that are $250 shipped for the Titan and Xterra; I just bought the ones for the Xterra yesterday, and once I get them here and installed, I will post up pics about my experience.

Sn0

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yeah, recently replaced the uniball in my PRG arms, they were about $30ea, so pretty much $75 after shipping. Not a hard job either. The Chinese may not use DOM tube, but I doubt it is paper thin either. If the welds look good and they fit your budget I say try 'em out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
FWIW, the only issue is the uniballs...get two good uniballs for a total of about $75/shipped and you just save $300...

BTW, there are some that are $250 shipped for the Titan and Xterra; I just bought the ones for the Xterra yesterday, and once I get them here and installed, I will post up pics about my experience.

Sn0
Where did you buy them? I am looking for Titan ones.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Yeah, recently replaced the uniball in my PRG arms, they were about $30ea, so pretty much $75 after shipping. Not a hard job either. The Chinese may not use DOM tube, but I doubt it is paper thin either. If the welds look good and they fit your budget I say try 'em out.
DOM has nothing to do with the wall thickness of the tube - its simply the process that was used to manufacture the tube

1 - 19 of 19 Posts