Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant make up my mind which way to go with the OME Medium dutyTJM Bilsteins or Nisstec adjustable 500lb's. Which is a better set up for the price and any coilbucket on stock 2011 Xterra with either of them. I mainly want to level with possibly of slight rear lift if needed. I do not do any hard core driving just hunting etc.. Any users of either please feel free to chime-in with your thoughts.
Also how much difference between stock coils vs either of these coils if I just go with straight Bilstein 5100 adjustables on my stock..

Thanks for responding..:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
OME light duties on regular shocks have way too much preload, IMO. I had this setup on my Frontier and the ride was harsh.

If you go with OME light duty coils, be sure and use the OME shocks as well, since the spring seat is lower and the preload is reduced to the right amount.

I've had the 5100 Bilsteins as well, and think they're crap too. The more notches you raise the lower spring seat, you gain lift, but worse the ride becomes.

Can't say much for the TJMs, as I've never had them.

Relatively cheap, rides great, moderate lift, no CBC: OME light duty setup.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the Nisstec Bilstien asjustable CO's and they ride GREAT! There is a big difference between the 5100's and stock coils and these coilovers. First they have Eibach springs that are matched to the shock length so you dont have coil preload. On and off road they ride great and soak up the bumps really well. If you have anymore questions PM me, I would recommend these all day long.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Stay away from the TJM/Bilstein combo, especially with the HD springs (MD springs were tolerable, but still not great). They ride like garbage and top out the shocks over the smallest bumps. If you want TJM, go with the full coilover from them much, much better but you need UCAs.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
OME light duties on regular shocks have way too much preload, IMO. I had this setup on my Frontier and the ride was harsh.

If you go with OME light duty coils, be sure and use the OME shocks as well, since the spring seat is lower and the preload is reduced to the right amount.

I've had the 5100 Bilsteins as well, and think they're crap too. The more notches you raise the lower spring seat, you gain lift, but worse the ride becomes.

Can't say much for the TJMs, as I've never had them.

Relatively cheap, rides great, moderate lift, no CBC: OME light duty setup.
I have OME 2in med lift coils on the adjustable Bills (lowest setting) and i hate them. I found this thread looking for a replacement.

The PO of my X have OME Coils With OME shock and those rode preety nice. but my passenger side shock blew out so i replaced them with the bills.
I'm looking at the radflo's now but i'm having a hard time justifying the price especially with what I've heard. Is it true they're not much better then the bill 5150's? For me to spend over double the price they'd better be worlds away. can anyone comment on that?

I'm waiting on a shrock bumper W/winch so i have some time before i pull the trigger on anything. Any advice would be great

This is what i'm looking at now but at $635 all said and done it's not a real big jump up to the rads. Dont know if this matter but i do intend to do a TS. I'm assuming any of these setups would work ?

http://nissteclifts.com.OME

1 - 6 of 6 Posts