Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my wife is getting rid of her S2000 and is getting her own X. Question is would you go for a 2007 black S 6 speed with MSRP of 26,220 that we can get for 21,927 or get an 08 with MSRP of 26,155 that we can get for 23,000.
Both S model stickshift. Is the savings on the 07 worth the fact that it is one year old before you even start it. She usually gets a new car every 5 or 6 years.

·
on line
152 Posts
take the 2007. that 1,000 bucks is more valuable to you right now. You can invest it if you wanted and make way more off of it then putting it into a car. Just depends on what you do with that 1,000 bucks.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
There's no difference between the 07 or the 08. But, if you buy an 07 with no miles doesn't the warranty start from the time you get the vehicle?

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the warranty is the same between them. It goes by inservice date.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
if you really only have them 5 or 6 years, i say go with the 07 and save the cash. IMO

·
on line
3,272 Posts
what he meant to say was get the 07 and use the $1000 for your mods....

·
on line
628 Posts
Go with the '07. I regret buying my 07 this past Feb when I could have bought a brand new '06 for cheaper, especially when there is no difference whatsoever.

·
on line
735 Posts
The 2007 is already worth a lot less than the $1000 difference they are going to give you. Push for $19,995 on the '07 or get the '08 to stay ahead of the depreciation curve.

Nissan sent me a mailer saying that they were giving back $2750 on 2007's so that puts it at $23k before they drop the price down around invoice. Go for less than invoice because it isn't an SE, Off-Road, or even an automatic car. They know that it will sit on their lot for a few more months- press them for sub $20k and see what they say.

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I Think she is going with the 07. It is the last 6 speed black S in the state. I told here the 1000 saved is my finders fee as she hates car shopping. Somedy she will learn to use the internet. I just put in some info on Nissanusa and had the no haggle price within 4 hours. It is actually Dealer invoice cost plus another 2750 in rebates from Nissan

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike100
We will definitely try your suggestion and haggle more. If it was an Automatic she would no want it. Also her trade has only 16k miles and is absolutely pristine S2000. We just might keep the S2000 till summer when retail price jumps 3k on it.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
synjohn - def. keep the S until the spring/early summer you'll get a lot more $$ for it, i would know...i attempted to sell my trans am in december last year....big mistake, i got a few thousand less than i should have.

·
on line
250 Posts
Go to the NADA website and check what the value of a used 07 would be with zero miles. Base your offer on that. I bought an unsold 06 a few months ago for $6k below MSRP which was about the NADA trade in value and about $3k less than the used retail value.

Phil

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update......
We just got rid of the S2000. We decided to get a regular vehicle as the second instead of two X's. My wife and got just picked up an 08 Infiniti G35 sport this last weekend. I guess we stuck with the Nissan/VQ family at least. I have to say that 306hp vq35 is damned fast. So far we are liking it other than you have to talk to it to do pretty much of anything like the phone or climate control etc..

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually I told my wife we would name it after her since it talked to much and needed talking to to much. ....So far I have driven SIX miles. Can't figure out why.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts