Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know the title sounds like a retarded question but....

Got my HID kit in. My engine bay is cleaner than most new cars. With that said i am very OCD about clutter. I am going to tuck and mount my ballasts in the wheel wells. Due to limited access i need a really good tape because i don't want to drill/ screw etc. for little plastic boxes.

What double sided tape would you recommend for attaching to metal inside fender well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would use the tape that they use at body shops to hold body panels on. I believe its made by 3M. You can get it at automotive paint/body stores or go to your local body shop and see if they'll give ya a couple strips.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
ive had very good success with 3m double sided tape. the stuff is pretty strong. i used it to apply some badges to my sentra, and they have been on the car for years through winter, hot summer, rain, etc and havent come off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. Gonna toss those in this weekend and hopefully i will be able to see at night when i'm driving.
Definitely not a cosmetic upgrade. I cant see crap at night

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
industrial velco. That way if I need to pop them out to replace one, it's not a big deal. but they don't freakin move while installed.

that's what all 4 of my ballasts are mounted with. The 2 in the shrock bumper have been mounted there for close to 3 years now with no issues.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well laziness is in the lead right now. i happened to be at Home Depot and saw Scotch had a "strong" 20lb. double sided tape. I'm gonna give it a bit of a test from now until the weekend. If it fails i'll go hunting for something that was recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts