Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I enjoyed the X. If the next owner comes here for info, I'll leave it all here. Otherwise, enjoy the ride gang, I'm out.

Intro Comments: This is my main hunting rig, bike carrier and grocery getter. I picked it up March of 2011. I've redone some previous mods, and it's now my work or rework depending on the part. I am enjoying the obsession of this rig and plan to keep chipping away at it.

Intro Photo: Most recent shot. - Subtract the sliders, and the taillight guards.

Username: one4teen

Make: Nissan
Year: 2006
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road
Color: Granite

MODS

Suspension/Tires:
(4) Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 285/75/16
(Spare) Definity Dakota M/T 285/75/16
ReadyLift Leveling Kit 2.5" Front, 1.5" Rear
Nisstec 2" AAL mounted to new Leaf packs
Helper springs - Autozone specials. - off for now, but worth the $ Really stiffen up things
Energy Suspension LCA Bumpstops - Autozone
Poly Sway Bar bushings
Moog Swaybar Endlinks

Engine:
Amsoil Air Filter
Airbox Mod - Cut out silencer
Amsoil ATF in the Transfer Case
Amsoil Severe Gear in both Diffs
RainX Wiper Fluid - It's worth the extra $1
Tran cooler bypassed - Extra cooler waiting for install
Hood Rod Mod - McMaster Version

Interior:
Greened out doors
OEM All Weather Floormats
Mcmaster-Carr rear hatch struts 150Lb.
1 Booster seat and one child seat, one without in between - Tight spot

Exterior and Armor:
Stock Skids
Stock fog lights
Stock Tow package
Rear Diff Breather Mod
Ward In Channel Deflectors.
09 Headlight Mod
Stealthed wheels, side moldings, gas door and bumpers.
Grill Modification
Smoked out taillights
Philips Crystal Vision Headlamps

Electrical:
Side Signals
Fog lights anytime - almost
Anytime e-Locker

Recovery Gear:
Shovel in the roofbin
Cable Winch Puller
Recovery Strap
4"x30' Tow Strap
(2) 5/8 shackles
Metric and SAE Sockets
Tsunami Air compressor
Boatload of other needed things
Hunk of climbing rope

Removed:
Rear Sway Bar - Figured out it wasn't there.

Future Mods/Wish list:
Wheel More!
Krylon the roof rack - Have the paint, just need to mask it off.
Some sort of Rally lighting. My roof rack must be cemented on from previous owner.

PHOTOS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here was yesterday's project. Overall, it's simple. Taking the battery out of the way would have made it easier. I suggest doing this while the paint is drying from your 09 headlight mod. Then you'd have tons of room to work.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cracked into my first can of bedliner today! It's easy to see why it can be addicting. 1. It's easy. 2. It looks good. I have to finish the bumper, but I need to really clean things up first, cut the grass, wash the deck.....you know the list. But at least I snuck in some X time on a no rain day here in PA. Wheels to get stealthed after my canada fishing trip. But oil, xfr case and front diff (rear done) to be changed this weekend.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amsoil Oil change today! I had done the Seafoam treatment a few weeks ago. Turns out to have been 375ish miles churning in the crankcase (just 1/3 of the bottle). It was newer oil (under 1000m) when I added it. It came out looking used, not abused.

Also finished up the Front Diff, and the Xfr Case fluids. I did the rear last week. Front diff looked very very clean, but there was metal on the magnet. The Xfr case fluid looked horrible.

Hope she's happy now. I know I am. Enjoy the holiday.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added a new toy. Garmin Oregon 450. It's going to be multiple use, biking, hunting, geocaching.

I used a ram mount dual diamond with 6"flex arm, connected to a ram mount for the garmin. The attachment point is where the drivers side sun visor was mounted. I removed that a few weeks ago, and don't miss it (personally). I actually tapped the new mount holes. It's nice, and completely removable/reversible. It is close to my head, but the screen is small, so far I like it there. It's right in line with the A pillar, so I'm not creating a new blind spot.

The mounts...

My view...including all garage contents.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, the previous owner lifted it, I just stealthed it. Thanks to those on here I figured out what kit it was. The dealer put on a new exhaust and rubber. I couldn't turn that down. Brand new tires off the used lot. I wouldn't buy them for my needs, they are incredibly loud.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now on Duratracs!! Pics to come. They don't look that tough in my driveway. On a personal observation note, they are silent compared to the MT's (definity dakota) I had on there before.

I can actually hear my engine now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts