Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have others ordered? Just got my tax return and I'm ordering my sliders today. Should I stick with just one bar support or have most gone with two? Except for our annual May Moab trip, my X won't see much serious off road terrain so I'm thinking I'll order with just one bar.... thoughts?

·
on line
13,467 Posts
I ordered the extra support. I look at it this way.........its only like 24 bucks isnt it? It always ends up being a regret.....you get one thing and then end up wishing you had gone the extra step. And since its note what id call expenxise. Id get the extra support. In the grand scheme of upgrades, the extra 24 bucks is nothing. Do it dude. Youll probably end up wishing you had after you put them on.

·
on line
232 Posts
I ordered the extra on mine as well. You are spending all that money to protect your truck, may as well do it right. Personally, I think Jim should just market them with the extra supports and not even offer the single.

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's all I needed to hear, thanks! Sometimes, I just need somebody to tell me I'm being too cheap :geek:
I placed my order..... from what it looks like, I'll have them in another 5-8 weeks or so? It's cool, totally worth the wait.

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someday MC.... I dream of the day. I'm willing to accept defeat and just acknowledge that your rig will always be more badazzed than mine. I need to find modification inspiration from somewhere, might as well be you right? :blackeye:

·
on line
358 Posts
What sliders did you buy? (Manufacturer)

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with the Shrockworks black powder coat with two bar supports.
It's been like what?.....9 hours since I placed the order and I'm already getting tired of waiting! :geek:

Looks like I'm gonna need to order that polished nickel finish dash trim kit to give me a project while I wait.....

·
on line
1,716 Posts
mcampana said:
JAdams...........when did you order those sliders? Im wondering how long it took to get em built and shipped........Im waiting on skids..........rear bumper.......front bumper..........sliders............
Your not going to like the answer to that question...December 7th!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
mcampana said:
dAMN! Well i never claimed to take the time to do the math.

mcampana said:
I cant imagine it takes as long to make sliders as it does a bumper. Guess ill see my shit in like 15 weeks!
I feel for ya! It will be worth it in the end.

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
JAdams said:
mcampana said:
JAdams...........when did you order those sliders? Im wondering how long it took to get em built and shipped........Im waiting on skids..........rear bumper.......front bumper..........sliders............
Ordered my sliders Dec. 1. They're due in tomorrow.

·
on line
232 Posts
mtdewmike said:
JAdams said:
mcampana said:
Ordered my sliders Dec. 1. They're due in tomorrow.
Ordered everything on Dec 21.. full skids, sliders, F&R bumpers. Got the skids a couple of weeks ago, the sliders will be here tomorrow, and no clue when the bumpers are coming.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts