Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my OBA hooked up. It turned out pretty good. Below is a link to some pictures.

http://jbeamphotos.com/gallery/Xterra_Mods_OBA

I am missing a picture of where I ran the air hose. It's in the little space where you would put the spare tire crank in to lower the spare if it was under the vehicle. So you have to open the rear hatch to get to it, but it's clean and protected there.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Very cool Jason!
What's that in the 3rd photo?
Do you have to have ignition on to run it or is the switch straight to battery power?
Are any of the components on the skid at risk of moisture damage if you hit a huge puddle or submerge on a water crossing/

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The third photo is the air intake filter. I put it in the back where the 12V outlet is.

The compressor is sealed, so I can get it wet and/or muddy. It's designed to be mounted under the vehicle.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
awesome. What compressor and who fabbed up the plate!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lifeinthesouth said:
Very cool Jason!
What's that in the 3rd photo?
Do you have to have ignition on to run it or is the switch straight to battery power?
Are any of the components on the skid at risk of moisture damage if you hit a huge puddle or submerge on a water crossing/
Oh, it's off the battery. I plan to change that, but that is as simple as moving a wire. It took me a lot longer to install than I had thought it was going to.

·
on line
564 Posts
Very nice!

·
on line
1,618 Posts
That is awesome!! Nicely done. Have you run tools yet?? How do you like those switches?? I've been looking at those for awhile. I would consider hardwiring my compressor just to have that switch on my dash. J/K. Sorta. Great job.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not run tools yet, but with a 4 gallon tank at 200psi, I should be able to run an impact wrench long enough to take off a tire.

I like the switches. I have had the driving light switch for about a year now and I have no complaints.

I think I am going to sell off these two if I can and buy two more but red instead of white (my dome and map lights are red).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts