Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting an electric on board air compressor and wanted to get some feedback from those who have one. Mainly for inflating tires, tubes, and tools every once in a while.

From my research it sounds like Viair and Extreme Outback Products are two good companys to stick with.

Any help would be appriciated!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
15,651 Posts
I have a ViAir 480C 100% Duty Cycle. It's a nice compressor, but it doesn't quite keep up with filling 33's from 15psi to 36psi, even with a 5 gallon tank. I am looking at adding another into the mix to refresh the tank faster.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
294 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
i have a Slime air compressor that inflates my tires pretty well. it wasnt that expensive either. only 60 bucks i think... i got it at Auto Zone. its the one that has the coiled air hose... its actually pretty good... and inexpensive.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,285 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
15,651 Posts
Kahuna said:
Muzikman said:
it doesn't quite keep up with filling 33's from 15psi to 36psi,
Jeez - even my little Tsunami does that !?!
Oh it fills them, but it can't keep up with the drain on the tank. I figured with a 5 gallon tank at 200psi that I should have enough air to fill all 4 tires. I can fill 3 no problem. Once I get to the 4th, I am pretty much filling off the compressor at that point.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
:clown: I've had my Q89 H.P. air compressor, for almost two years and used it three times--

--From 22 lbs to 35lbs , is less than a minute per tire--

--Hooks directly to a battery--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
 

·
on line
Joined
·
197 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know who the parent company is for Q industries or Masterflow, it appears they make the same compressor? one is the MF-1050(master flow) and the other is the MV50(Q industires).
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
:clown: I got my Q-89 from 4 wheel parts wholesalers California only--




Nichol said:
Does anyone know who the parent company is for Q industries or Masterflow, it appears they make the same compressor? one is the MF-1050(master flow) and the other is the MV50(Q industires).
--They list DV INNOVATIONS LLC.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
3440 YOUNGFIELD STREET
SUITE 301
DENVER, CO 80033

--AND TRY [email protected]

-thats the best I can do--JIMBO
 

·
on line
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JIMBO said:
:clown: I got my Q-89 from 4 wheel parts wholesalers California only--




Nichol said:
Does anyone know who the parent company is for Q industries or Masterflow, it appears they make the same compressor? one is the MF-1050(master flow) and the other is the MV50(Q industires).
--They list DV INNOVATIONS LLC.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
3440 YOUNGFIELD STREET
SUITE 301
DENVER, CO 80033

--AND TRY [email protected]

-thats the best I can do--JIMBO
Hmm thanks.

How do you like the Q89. I saw that one and was tempted to look at it rather than the 50.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yo Nichol, I haven't seen or needed to look elsewhere, for another compresser, this Q-89 really PUTS OUT--

--It draws a lot of current, so if your using your truck Battery, you should have the engine running--

--I have an extra batt., so I don't put any load on my X--

--Don't try this at home, after midnight, cause it makes a lot of NOISE, but it's all I need--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top