1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just looking at the nissan website....

Not sure on some things.

In my other thread I asked about the RF stereo VS no RF stereo.

Can someone list exactly what comes with this VS the standard stereo?

On the Nissan website it lists things like steering wheel controls, aux. (MP3) input, 9 speakers including 8" subwoofer, etc.....

I am looking at an '06 w/o the RF stereo. Can you tell me exactly what of this it will come with and what exactly the upgraded stereo gives you?

Thanks guys!

Tim

·
on line
339 Posts
the standard audio system consists of a cd/am/fm stereo, and 6 speakers (dash mounted tweeters, front 6x9s, and rear 6 1/2s)

you won't get the steering wheel controls, aux input, or subwoofer.

in my opinion, you'll get better results getting the standard stereo package and upgrading with aftermarket equipment.

·
on line
64 Posts
I did the same. Many people are happy with the RF package, and it is a nice sounding stock radio. But its was crazy expensive when I bought my truck in 06, and I just couldn't justify adding it to the sum of money that I was ultimately financing.

If you're not a big audiofile and just want something that sounds good "out of the box" get the RF. But if you're a tinkering kind of guy, and don't mind ripping dashboards and door panels off your new truck; you can put something together that sounds better for the same cost.

·
on line
135 Posts
I think you can only get the stock SAT Radio in RF as well.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
For the cost of the RF package you can buy aftermarket components if audio is important to you and get better sounds. The cost of RF is definitely not worth it. And the sound quality could be better. In my younger days when car audio was a big hobby, I would have redone the whole system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts