Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been in an OME setup and loved it. My question is if I went this route could I do a titan swap with it or would I lose the whole front system making the OME set up pointless to start with. Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, not necessarily pointless... but you would not be getting the full potential out of the swap. The ride would be smoother, you would still get the wide track, and the upgraded front diff if you swapped in an m205. With the OME coils you could get away with just running stock titan uppers and still not get CB contact and then when you wear out the OME shocks or have the money to upgrade, then all you need to get all the Titan swap glory is true coilovers and aftermarket uppers.

BTW I thought about this for quite awhile and this is route I'm taking, only difference is I have the TJM coilovers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
EDIT: Disregard - closer look at the OP has me understanding that he was only asking about the front… Duh.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Well, not necessarily pointless... but you would not be getting the full potential out of the swap. The ride would be smoother, you would still get the wide track, and the upgraded front diff if you swapped in an m205. With the OME coils you could get away with just running stock titan uppers and still not get CB contact and then when you wear out the OME shocks or have the money to upgrade, then all you need to get all the Titan swap glory is true coilovers and aftermarket uppers.

BTW I thought about this for quite awhile and this is route I'm taking, only difference is I have the TJM coilovers.
What size spacer would you need to make the OME strut to work? :(

Do you know of ANYONE with that set up> just curious

What the hell would make the ride smoother?
You would need like a 3-4" spacer. Pretty Pointless. IMO..but I'm routinely wrong. lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
You dont need any spacer what so ever.... Yea its not going to be up at 3-4" of lift but rather it would be very close(probably within a 1/2") the to the same height as before the T swap just wider, smoother, with more travel.

The arms themselves increase travel, the leverage ratio on the shock, and make the arms sit more parallel to the ground giving better bump compliance. All of which equate to a smoother ride.

I can't think of anyone running this EXACT setup but many that have similar.
JeniorNV in particular just T swapped and is running factory uppers, no spacer, and OME/ Bil 5100s.
Also Rushy_Rush on here did the swap with the TJM coilovers and a small spacer on top.

From JeniorNV's build thread:
PARTS
Stock Titan UCA's
Raybestos OE replacement Titan LCA's
OME 607 coils
Bilstein 5100 shocks (stock height)
PRG extended axles
PRG tie rod extensions
PRG extended SS brake lines
1.75" Motorsport Tech wheel spacers (rear - not yet installed)

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I finally got the truck put together yesterday and got a chance to drive it today.
Lift: My center-of-wheel-to-fender measurement is about half an inch less than before. I was previously at 2.5" of lift, and now I'm closer to 2".
Stance: Some people like it, some people don't. I'm actually not a fan of the wider stance. I think it will look better when the rear spacers are on.
Suspension travel: My down travel wasn't great before, but it has roughly doubled, so a definite improvement. The UCA does *not* touch the coil bucket. If I was running a shock that allowed for coil bucket contact, I would have another 1/2 inch to 1 inch of travel.
Ride quality: Holy buckets! I could go on and on and on about this. The ride quality is AMAZING. It feels really smooth. About 95% of the harshness that it had before is GONE. I can fly over speed bumps that I used to have to creep over (and the truck says: "What speed bump? There was speed bump there?"). Washboardy roads feel a billion times better, and I can drive fast on them now. Rocky trails are way less harsh. I am sooooo happy with the way the truck rides now. Smooth smooth smooth! There is more body roll, but with the wider stance it doesn't feel the least bit unstable. I LOVE THE RIDE QUALITY! Have I mentioned that I love the ride quality?
Tire rubbing: Yep, they rub. I'll address it after I get the alignment done.

Mind you, before she had just the OME/ Bil 5100 combo on stock Fronty UCAs. So the change and improvement was the Titan arms.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So much info... So much to learn. What to do, what to do......
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts