Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched around and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Have a 2011 Pro4x and want to pick up some OME lift springs. Have had OME lifts on other trucks and liked the ride. Think I can leave the stock offroad shocks on the truck with the new springs? Want to save some cash for now.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't, but I'd recommend patience. Save just a little longer for the entire OME coilover if you plan on further upgrading. Do it right the first time, the piecemeal approach might save money in the short term but you'll be putting a lot more time into it in the long game. Especially considering how much pain you might have to go through to even put those springs on in the first place (LCA bolts!).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm running lt wt OME springs with stock pro-4X bills. I'm very happy with the results. I have a Shrock front bumper, winch and sliders and needed the heavier coil springs. My original post on the coils. Lots of other input by others in that post. I swapped out the leaf springs this summer and am very pleased. My rake is back and the ride is not harsh at all. Towing is improved and I'm not blinding oncoming traffic due to the tongue wt. Over all I've picked up an inch or so of lift.

Scott

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't, but I'd recommend patience. Save just a little longer for the entire OME coilover if you plan on further upgrading. Do it right the first time, the piecemeal approach might save money in the short term but you'll be putting a lot more time into it in the long game. Especially considering how much pain you might have to go through to even put those springs on in the first place (LCA bolts!).
This. Just be patient. You might find someone selling a full set anyways as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have OME springs on stock shocks right now. With full skids the ride was definately a bit stiffer than stock but not aweful (running it for about a year so far). Now I've put the ARB bumper on it's quite nice and more like stock, but I've lost some of the lift.

One thing to note though is you will lose down travel and this I did notice off road (or bumpy roads). I currently have new coilovers and UCA's waiting to be installed so I can have lift and full range of travel.

You might be better getting spacers first to give you lift (if you want it right away) then save the money and replace the whole coilover setup and just spend the money once.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
You might be better getting spacers first to give you lift (if you want it right away) then save the money and replace the whole coilover setup and just spend the money once.
That's what I did this year and have used the hell out of it too, and when tax season comes around again ill be getting myself a nice setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts