Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a set of OME bushings that I had forgotten about in the closet, since I changed my factory shackles ( where I had these OME bushings installed ) to greasable shackles with different bushings. So these are the OME bushings that fit the factory shackles, and the OME leaf pack in the front side. Anyway since I've been wanting to replace those squeaky poly bushings for a while with rubber ones, I measured them. Still did not find rubber replacement, but here are the dimensions in inches:

Bushing on top of the shackle:
A=0.813
B=1.278
C=1.654
D=0.155
E=1.765
F=1.911

Bushing on bottom of shackle:
A=0.800
B=1.270
C=1.660
D=0.155
E=1.200
F=1.336

Bushing for the front part of the leaf pack ( the nightmarish one )
A=0.727
B=1.558
C=2.077
D=0.161
E=1.135
F=1.313

A=Inside diameter
B=Stem diameter
C=Flange diameter
D=Flange height
E=Stem height
F=Total height

If you go following link below, you can find the drawing of these descriptions:
http://www.midatlanticrubber.com/industrial-products/rubber-bushings

Unfortunately, my tool measures either in mm or inches the way I posted them, and not in 32, or 64 of an inch, etc...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Awesome work, thanks for taking the time to measure and post those. Here's something that should help, if you're looking for decimal/fractional equivalents:

... I have heard that one can find graphite impregnated poly bushings, and use them in place of standard poly bushings with great success to reduce squeaking. I do not know of a source, offhand, that would supply these exact dimensions in graphite poly bushings, but I can't imagine that they'd be *that* hard to find if a manufacturer can be found.

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's even better as every manufacturer list them in fractional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts