Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I about to take the plunge but had a quick question(s).

1. Do I have to swap the shocks? I have a 2012 Pro4x and the Bilsteins should be good to go except for the extended travel which I really don't need....Or do I? Truck is an expo set up and will not be doing any HD 4WD...

So assuming I don't need new shocks does this sound right?;

Front OME springs (Non HD, as I have not bumper)
Rear dakar springs (have a AM bumper and need the extra weight handling abilities
extended SS brake lines front and rear

I will be ordering from Nissteclifts so I believe the bushings are part of the spring pack?

Is this all I need?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Since you're not looking to increase the travel in front, you should be fine with what you've described here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct, I don't really need them but it's a good upgrade to do at the same time and the cost is minor.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
You might want to be careful putting on longer brakehoses than you need, I have a problem on my jeep where the extended brakehoses rub on the inner-sidewall when at full lock

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the rear dakar springs on and didnt need the extended brake lines. As well they work good so far with the bilstein oem shocks, however I am switching to the 5100 series to replace original shocks. I also ordered the fronts, just awaiting arrivam of them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If I remember correctly the spring perch on the ome shock is a different height than stock allowing the spring to move correctly. You might want to call nisstec to confirm if you can use the Ome spring with your stock shocks.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I about to take the plunge but had a quick question(s).

1. Do I have to swap the shocks? I have a 2012 Pro4x and the Bilsteins should be good to go except for the extended travel which I really don't need....Or do I? Truck is an expo set up and will not be doing any HD 4WD...

So assuming I don't need new shocks does this sound right?;

Front OME springs (Non HD, as I have not bumper)
Rear dakar springs (have a AM bumper and need the extra weight handling abilities
extended SS brake lines front and rear

I will be ordering from Nissteclifts so I believe the bushings are part of the spring pack?

Is this all I need?
you will also need the brackets for the sway bar to be extended out of the way of the shocks. which i think should be in the kit from nissteclifts.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
you will also need the brackets for the sway bar to be extended out of the way of the shocks. which i think should be in the kit from nissteclifts.
Only if keeping the sway bar. Lots of folks remove them after upgrading the suspension. My ride is firmer and more stable after OME install and minus sway bars than it was with the sway bars in place with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all lots' of good info, I did not know about the bracket for the sway bar, last truck I lifted was a LR Disco and it did not have that issue.

And I will look into normal SS brake line instead of the extended ones

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I dd mine and dont have the rear swaybar on . you dont notice it at all.

Anyways you wont need either the front or back brake lines. The only time you will need rear brake lines is if you use the new leaf pack with adjustable shackles (at max setting). Even then you can make a bracket on your own for a few bucks and it works well. You can see in my build thread. Also if you want to add a spacer down the road you need to replace the top 3 bolts with longer ones on the OME shock/spring combo. You cna get nisstech to do it for you now so you dont need it done down the road.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Anyways you wont need either the front or back brake lines. The only time you will need rear brake lines is if you use the new leaf pack with adjustable shackles (at max setting).
I have my shackles set to 1" lift and overstretch my brake lines, but I have extended travel shocks which is where the real difference comes in. With stock shocks they should max out before the brake lines.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
259 Posts
I put the full kit on my Wife's X, got it from NISSTEC, they had great service. I would go with the full kit including the shocks if I were you. The valving in the OME shocks is optimized to use with their springs (so their promotion literature says), and although I didn't try it with the old shocks, I will say that it is a much better driving vehicle with the full OME than it was new. So much so that with hindsight I wouldn't keep the stock Bilsteins on a bet. Remember, the OFFROAD/PRO-4X shocks might be an upgrade from the other X shocks, but they are still pretty bargain basement compared to a good set of tuned aftermarket shocks. I put a full review in the product review forum awhile back if you are interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the the complete replacement kit on 2007 Se back in November loving it. Better handling over my stock suspension. I used to travel around 40 to 60 km on a dirt road because of bottoming out and poor handling after kit same road I was able travel at 100 km truck hug the road..no lift stock wheels...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got my new OME 90003 front shocks today...all scratched up, got to love UPS.

Will look good as new after hitting them with a rattle-can :)

shocks plus OME 2607 springs = installation weekend

thanks nisstec

1 - 20 of 22 Posts