Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the plug on buying new springs. So far just bought rear leafs as I need them bad. Found a Canadian retailer that wasn't an arm and a leg. Jist waiting for it to arrive.

Decided I am getting the ome nitrochargers as soon as I can get the front coils from ome. Pics to follow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Castle nuts

I just installed the complete OME kit with new leafs and front coils. So far so good. I took it out and it rides much better than stock especially since my leafs and coils were pretty shot. The installation is pretty straightforward. The only advice I would give refers to getting the rear leafs off. There is a big castle style nut on the inside front leaf spring attachment. We initially tried breaking the nut using the outside "normal style" nut. I put kroil oil on twice to make this easier and it was still extremely difficult. My advice is crank on the castle nut side, it ends up being much easier. It is harder to get to but you won't round off the outside nut. The easiest way ended up being just putting an open end wrench on it (with the vehicle still on the ground under load) and placing the floor jack on the end of the wrench and giving the jack a couple of pumps. Broke free right away and took half the time. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and advice. Just picked them up today. Finally. However still gotta wait for another bushing kit as it wasn't told to me that one kit was for one side. I cant complain though, they saved me $280 as they quoted me $280/pair instead of each

Pics to come

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got them all installed and I gotta say I love them! Best choice for suspension for just above stock. I would recommend to anyone

Hey,

Fellow Canadian here. Just wondering what the overall lift was? Just bought my 05 and the rear is bottoming out often and I'd like to replace with a very mild lift, hopefully keeping it level.

What do you think? What retailer did you use.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
For the OME front coilovers, did you need to remove the steering knuckle, or are they still short enough to go in with just removing the sway bar and then the bottom and top bolts of the coilover?

·
Registered
471 Posts
You would still need to unbolt the ball joint to allow the knuckle to swing out of the way. Unbolt the three 14mm (9/16") bolts on top of the coil bucket/perch, the lower shock bolt (3/4"), and pull the coil out from the bottom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey,

Fellow Canadian here. Just wondering what the overall lift was? Just bought my 05 and the rear is bottoming out often and I'd like to replace with a very mild lift, hopefully keeping it level.

What do you think? What retailer did you use.

Thanks!
So far I went from 34 1/4" to 36". However my springs were flattened and broken. I have seen 1/2" after settling. I still have the stock shocks. Those are next.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did you buy the extended stud top mount for the struts to add that spacer? I want to add a 1" spacer but I'll need to buy that new top mount and disassemble my ome coils

·
on line
2,868 Posts
@DJ - factory wheel arch specs from the 2009 FSM (I'm sure its the same as your 2007):
This is with factory 265/75-16 tires
front: 34.25
rear: 35.59

Mine lifted about 1" all the way around with the light/medium OME kit - it will settle in a bit from initial installation. I have full shrock skids, sliders, and maxterra rear bumper (no tire carrier). Few tools in the back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts