Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Super Black Nissan X Off Road
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing a bit of searching and couldn't find a conclusive answer to my question. I already purchased a set of OME CS061R with OME bushings which I haven't installed yet. Before I install them I'm wanting to know if they're enough to handle the added weight I've put on my X so far or should I invest in the HD leaf before the install? The rear has definitely gotten lower and softer since the install.

List of added parts:
Bilstein 5100's on all corners
ADO Heavy duty front springs
PRG rear shackles
Gobi Ranger Rack (80ish lbs)
Gobi rear ladder (25lbs -ish)
Hardcore Offroad front bumper w/ full grill guard (just a bit over 100lbs iirc)
Hardcore Offroad rear bumper w/ tire carrier, tow hitch and extra bracing (no clue what the weight is)
16x8 level 8 MK6 w/ BFG K02 285/75R16 as a spare (70 lbs)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
The only thing that really matters for rear springs is the tire carrier on your list.

Maybe your springs are enough, maybe not, for me without a tire carrier they were too stiff off road, I needed adjustable shackles and now it’s bearable for fast off roading with cargo floating.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could email Cory at Hardcore Offroad and ask him if they know the weight of the tire carrier. (My guess is that it is around 90-95lbs)
I did a quick search and found these for the stock weights: (I skimmed so it might not have the tire carrier comparison in there)

Then I found this, and it seems to answer your question:

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a custom rear bumper and tire carrier w/33 BFG MTR and installed OME CS061Rs (non HD) on stock shackles a few months ago. feels great, huge improvement over stock. I considered adding the HD spring but am pretty hapy without it. Gave me a noticeable lift although i havent measured it.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
From my experience, your leaves will be flat with that weight. Add the HD leaf and it'll be slightly better and ride like crap.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
545 Posts
I have a MaxGear rear bumper with tire carrier and the MD OME rear leaf springs and have no issues. The ride actually feels a little better than with the oem bumper. I am not a fan of the OME leaf springs though. I feel like the MD are too stiff and do not provide much lift. The HD setup has to be brutal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts