Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running this combination?

I actually use my truck on and off road and don't want to go with the spacer lift. It's regularly loaded out with 4 days worth of camping gear including 100+ pound RTT (higher COG).

I've had great luck with OME products in the past. I would expect the Xterra parts to be no different.

I'm wondering how well the HD front coils and struts match in terms of height and ride quality to the PRG 2-leaf AAL kit (keeping standard shocks on the rear for now).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Okay well I just ordered this set up. Maybe I will let you all know how it works, but probably not.
Did you expect a ton of responses? Your last post makes it sound like you're trying to "get back" at people on this site for not responding to your post soon enough. Ya ever think that hardly anyone has that combo, or they just haven't read your post yet?

Not really smart for a newb to seemingly cop an attitude on their 5th post... When that happens, newbs get banned quick.

I'll let you respond in a better way in order to save face.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll "let me" respond to save face?

Seemingly half of the threads I have read on this forum degenerate into some form of ego bashing and personal attacks.

I'll spare you the trouble and just let you know that I'm not interested in "saving face" with a bunch of goons on an Xterra forum.

I stand by my right to make a half joking, incendiary remark on the internet. Last I checked, I didn't attack nor hurt anyone.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You asked a question/ help, then you proceeded to just make a simple "****" response. You're new, nobody knows you and you made it sound like you are a douche kid who didn't get an answer fast enough.
Now i don't know if I am right or wrong about you, I do know that it's the impression you gave.

Moral of the story..... have at least some kind of reason (justified or not) before being a **** when you are asking for help. Not a weird setup in any way and there are plenty of people that "could have" given you input.

Now piss off, ****!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'll give you an answer, and then some advice.

if you're not running an aftermarket front bumper, you're likely to have the same issues with the OME coilover setup as you would with a coilover spacer lift. the coilover spacer moves the suspension travel further down, which can result in coil bucket contact. the OME shocks if they are longer like like the Billsteins are, will likely also result in coil bucket contact on a lifted truck. if you want to get the most out of your setup without extended travel coilovers, you'll probably want to add some aftermarket upper control arms. they will give you additional down travel and allow the suspension to do its job.

now, for the advice.

when you come onto a new forum, its a good idea to be a bit humble rather than insulting people when you're the one asking for advice. your original post was pretty condescending with the "i actually use my truck off road" comment, especially considering you probably don't know the difference between coilover spacers and spring spacers at this point. I "actually use" my truck off road, and so do a lot of people on this board, plenty of people use coilover spacers in conjunction with aftermarket UCAs and other suspension mods to achieve the ride and handling they're looking for.

lastly, this isn't the honda forum, there aren't 10,000 kidiots perched on their keyboards just waiting for someone to post a question. get used to waiting longer than 8 hours for a response to certain questions. most people here have jobs, so you won't get a reply until they get off work, or get to work:D.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You'll "let me" respond to save face?

Seemingly half of the threads I have read on this forum degenerate into some form of ego bashing and personal attacks.

I'll spare you the trouble and just let you know that I'm not interested in "saving face" with a bunch of goons on an Xterra forum.

I stand by my right to make a half joking, incendiary remark on the internet. Last I checked, I didn't attack nor hurt anyone.
Well, there it is. Thank you for demonstrating what I actually expected... I gave you an honest opportunity to explain why you seemed to have an attitude in your second post, and instead of being nice, you copped an attitude. :knob:

"Half the threads turn into bashing"? That is just plain ignorant. No regular members experience anything close to that... Maybe 1 out of 50, but certainly not 1/2. If it's so bad, then you should go somewhere else. :walk:

As far as us "goons" - it's your loss. No one here is going to give a rat's rear if you don't come here and take advantage of the vast amount of knowledge available, especially if you're going to continue to act like a spoiled little toddler. :pottytrain5:

Mods - I'm sure you know what to do at this point. :violent3:

BTW - you picked a good username... "transient" = one of those homeless people that can't remain in one place long enough. Have fun finding another "home"... :cya:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, there it is. Thank you for demonstrating what I actually expected... I gave you an honest opportunity to explain why you seemed to have an attitude in your second post, and instead of being nice, you copped an attitude. :knob:

"Half the threads turn into bashing"? That is just plain ignorant. No regular members experience anything close to that... Maybe 1 out of 50, but certainly not 1/2. If it's so bad, then you should go somewhere else. :walk:

As far as us "goons" - it's your loss. No one here is going to give a rat's rear if you don't come here and take advantage of the vast amount of knowledge available, especially if you're going to continue to act like a spoiled little toddler. :pottytrain5:

Mods - I'm sure you know what to do at this point. :violent3:

BTW - you picked a good username... "transient" = one of those homeless people that can't remain in one place long enough. Have fun finding another "home"... :cya:

:laughing3::eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have no interest in fanning the flames here. However I'll also make it clear that you all have done an excellent job helping me understand what this forum is all about. I'm not interested in playing in this sandbox with a group of users who have an entitlement complex.

We're all a bunch of guys with $20k trucks who dump $5k+ into them to make them worth $10k.

There's no great honor in that. Get off the soapbox already.

(By the way, to answer the troll comment... hardly true. I welcome any of you to engage in thoughtful technical conversation. It would be a relief at this point.)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
... users who have an entitlement complex....
Sort of like people who feel "entitled" to an immediate answer, but rather than being patient, they attempt to take out their frustration on an entire site full of people?

Oh, ok... Give me a break.

And if you've figured out (in your own mind) what this site is all about, then why are you back? If WE'RE the ones with attitudes, then please explain why you'd want to bother with us...

FWIW - This site is one of the best sites I've ever found regarding civil behavior between members. Sure, there are some newbs that come off like pr!cks right off the bat and they get set straight right from the start, but in all, the people here are great. The reason being - the newbs with attitudes get weeded out very quickly. The last thing anyone wants here is for someone to come in here, bad mouth members, cop an attitude and get all pi$$y when they're called out for it. But, we're tolerant and give newbs time to calm down, understand that this site doesn't have 100,000 members and all the [email protected] that goes with that many people.

Now, if you'd like to continue, by all means continue and be patient. It wouldn't be the first time that someone was trying something new and no one else has done it, so if you don't get any replies, you need to understand that if no one can answer your question, then rather than come up with some BS answer pulled out of their rears, members here typically don't respond.

The decision is yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts