Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to go with OME LD coils up front on 5100s and making up a budget coil over.

• How much lift can I expect out of OME Coils and 5100s set at 0 or the bottom setting?
  • How much lift with OME Coils with the 5100s set at .5"? Is the ride a lot more harsh set up this way? No bumper - only sliders.

Looking for around 2" or a little more of lift.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Planning to purchase, but will still be a couple of weeks. Hoping for some feedback on the lift height and ride impressions before I pull the trigger on it.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Search for the 5100s. Plenty of people have started threads about them, most disappointed with them. You wont get more than 1.5" of lift out of them without the truck riding absolutely terrible. I dont know anything about the OME coils so I wont comment on them.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You should get 2" of lift from the coils and the lowest setting on the bils. Plenty of frontier guys go with that set up and are pleased with it.

Suspension sticky from club frontier- http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/updated-suspension-lifts-body-lifts-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
You should get 2" of lift from the coils and the lowest setting on the bils. Plenty of frontier guys go with that set up and are pleased with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lowest ride setting on the bils is said to be a good ride. Teamed with the coils for the lift sounds like it wouldnt be a bad ride and youd get your 2"s.

·
on line
73 Posts
Fwiw I have 5100s up front set at 0.5" with stock springs - the ride felt nice at first but I feel like the shocks wear out pretty quick. Had them on for two years- changed the pass side last year and feel like it needs to be done again. But I am finicky about how my trucks ride. I'm swapping out for ome or coilovers as soon as I can find some $.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts