Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension install is finally complete. In the rear i have the OME Dakar leaf springs with u-bolt flip kit, TJM Shocks and sway bar relocation bracket. In the front i have the OME 608HD package. It drives amazing now.

Total height:

37.25 front
38.75 rear

For pictures of the rear setup:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzH497qixqG8UEQ5VTNobGJNWGc&usp=sharing

Next on my list of upgrades is this:
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/m226-diff-cover/

and the rear diff breather extension

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mom had actually bought them as a gift for me for Christmas. Not sure how long she had to wait to get them.

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It rides amazing. No body roll and very responsive. The only drawback is the skid control kicks in around sharp turns and off-ramps but i think that's something i'm just gonna have to live with.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It rides amazing. No body roll and very responsive. The only drawback is the skid control kicks in around sharp turns and off-ramps but i think that's something i'm just gonna have to live with.
Ya man I have OEM springs and TMJ shocks. I love the Springs but do not like the coils.

Your dead right about no more body roll, these coilovers are stiff! I have the HD springs installed and those coils are not forgiving over really any road surface. lol.

I can barely even tell my roll bars is off all around.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Higher center of gravity. Got to adjust your driving style with any lift. Did you pull the rear sway?

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope didn't pull the rear sway because 90% of my driving is on road and ill be towing a u-haul trailer in a few months when i move. If i lived out west and had more opportunity to go off-road i definitely would have taken it off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just managed to get my full OME LD kit installed yesterday as well. Drives amazing after an alignment. The front is slightly higher than the rear though which I'm not all to thrilled about. I assume it'll settle nicely though.
And yeah, it seems everyone is backordered on the OME rear leafs for like 6-8 weeks. I ordered my kit in Feb, and just picked everything up last week from Nisstec.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
And yeah, it seems everyone is backordered on the OME rear leafs for like 6-8 weeks.
They gotta come over from Australia, which takes a while - by the time they get through US customs and distributed to retailers every single one of them has been spoken for.

·
Registered
941 Posts
They gotta come over from Australia, which takes a while - by the time they get through US customs and distributed to retailers every single one of them has been spoken for.
I actually called both PRG (who I ordered mine through) and Nisstec to see what the deal was since it's the only thing I am still waiting on for my setup. Greg said his vendor hasn't gotten back to him with a reason for the delays nor an ETA. Chris said he was told that OME changed manufacturing locations or something plus OME is shipping them from manufacturing country (India I think it was) back to Australia, then to the US. Instead of just India to US. So it's an import/export freak show.

That said, still nothing. Chris also said he had an order for 12 sets in Feb that still have not come in. Greg had an order for 10, I was the only one who actually reserved via purchase. No one else has bought them from him since he doesn't have them on the site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts