Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

OK, Explain your SN

108K views 764 replies 501 participants last post by  ptrmorton 
#1 ·
Ok, I guess mine is an easy pic. USMC because I was in Marines and still have something to do with them, And Xterra because That's what were are here for.

Now, explain where you got your Screen Name, or ID from.
Some are so off the wall..... It might be really entertaining to find out.

Mike C

#2 ·
Back in Jr High / High School I use to do live sound and recordings for bands. I spent quite a few years doing it and have been behind the board for many popular local acts (at that time). I picked up the nickname of "The Musicman". So I had gone by Musicman for many years. Then the Internet came around and there were 1001 Musicman nicknames, so i changed the spelling a bit to Muzikman. The funny part is how few people spell it right. I get Musikman or Muzicman all the time.

My friends just call me Muz.

#3 ·
Mine is a little different. koko - because my last name is kolkebeck.
pop - because it is says I pop when I walk.

Started when I worked at a high adventure camp for 4 years in the early 90s. I am only called it there or by people I worked with there. It has since been shortened to "pop".

Also called koko in high school

I use it because it find it unique on almost all message boards.

#4 ·
umm...

My last name is Slater and my first name is Brandon, therefor B Slater. On a couple other boards I use the screenname slaterbj (yeah insert BJ jokes here) my middle name is James. I got a crappy deal because my initals are BJS...

Reactions: 80884.digital
#489 ·
umm...

My last name is Slater and my first name is Brandon, therefor B Slater. On a couple other boards I use the screenname slaterbj (yeah insert BJ jokes here) my middle name is James. I got a crappy deal because my initals are BJS...
^^ bahahaha

I live in Chicago and love hockey, therefore BlckHwk= Blackhawks
and 13 cuz it's my favorite number ^_^

#10 ·
my dad's a john, my great uncle's a john, and i'm a john. when i was younger, my uncle would call me 'little john'....so when it came time to pick an AIM SN, anything with littlejohn was already taken, so it's lj and just my birthyear..it's better than the nickname i had from some of my highschool buddies..

#12 ·
Hi everyone. OK. Back a few years ago when I tried signing up on a forum for the first time, I had no idea what to use. Then my neighbors big dog started barking. Boof! Boof! Boof!

That was all she wrote. I use it as my screen name on my site as well as any others...

Oh yeah, the "7" just got tacked on by the first site for some reason so I kept it.

And there you have it! :cheers:

#13 ·
My non-science buddies in college never quite figured out what I did for a living (microbiology). Over time my nickname evolved from BioGeek, BioDork, Bio...well you get the idea. As a graduation gift to myself I got a new car (now the wifes car) and tagged it with BIOMAN.

#14 ·
Started using Grunzen back in the mid 90's as a screen name because I was in the Infantry so I used the german word for grunt, been using it ever since. Never have a problem using it for anything.

#16 ·
Climber because it is what I do.

Rogue because I am a rebel without a clue, push the bounds of decency too far, or just don't follow the normal paths in life (ie a West Pointer who is a climbing bum)

#17 ·
A fellow climber :cheers: . I have been out of it for awhile, but a couple years ago I did a uber-climbing trip. I went to Rumney, NH-Red River Gorge, KY- Red Rocks, NV- and New River Gorge, WV. I did that after I graduated from college. Rumney by far was my favorite.

#18 ·
I needed a password several years ago for a new system at work. At the time I was working toward my black belt which is sho-dan in our school. That password became a screen name as I began frequenting messsage boards.

#21 ·
B

Of those on your trip I've hit Red Rocks many times. (Even got married there) This fall I'm headed to the Gunks for the first time, and then I hope to get back to Patagonia some day, I have some unfinished business there...

#23 ·
Mines pretty self explanatory. Main reason I got the X was so that I always have my surfing / windsurfing gear on me. Never known when those perfect conditions are going to happen and love being able to just pull of at any beach I pass without having to worry if im missing something,