Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new england guys have experience with this place?

http://www.nhoilundercoating.com

I want to get my truck done before it snows. If anyone is interested maybe we can get a group rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
874 Posts
had my x there from 2007-2013, just get it washed after each snow storm, I have a feeling with the degreasers that some car washes use, this would be $120 down the drain...
most of the ones at gas stations up there have the undercarriage wash option, and take off your mudflaps if you have not done so, there is a small space that the salt and road grime can get trapped in

just reading their site saw this and I am out for that reason alone"providing up to a full year of solid protection", so you want me to pay you $129 a year for basically WD40 to be sprayed on the undercarage

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from reading their website it seems like they do a lot more than just hose down the undercarriage with wd40...it says they drill holes to access a bunch of places where water could cause rust from the inside out. i used to work at a benz dealership and we did something similar on the older cars. the only difference is that the cars had body/frame plugs that you could remove to get the oil in.

don't like the idea of bedlining the frame. water will eventually get behind it and have no where to go, and you have to go around fasteners, fluid lines, etc. my concern is about protecting the body, fasteners, and lines just as much as the frame.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marzterra - i frequent the nashua area. do you know any good car washes that 1. don't recycle the salt filled water and 2. have a system powerful enough to actually clean the undercarriage?

·
on line
874 Posts
I dont know about the recycling part, but the gas station off of exit 6 (gulf) near home depot has a good under wash pressure. I moved away from there 6 months ago, so I am not sure if there are newer/ better ones in the area... there is also a touch free at exit 7 at the mobil station.
I have been under my xterra the past few weeks replacing stuff, and here is what I can tell you about a 2007 in the snow region and what happens....
1. remove the mud flaps asap, there are cavities that will hold salt and sand
2. if you have a trailer hitch, remove the spare tire at least 1/ year and clean the back side of the hitch, you can only imagine the salt and crud that accumulates there and people forget about it and the undercarriage wash does not do a good job at cleaning it unless the tire is removed.

that's about it, my x just turned 100,000 on it, and was in NH for the first 96.000, Just did the suspension over and added air bags, 4 broken bolts( 2 on each bump stop) and I had to cut the 2 lower bolts on the rear shocks as they were not coming apart, even with an impact gun. I sprayed a de-greaser, rinsed, and there wasn't much rust to be seen, used a wire brush to clean up the few spots( less than 30 min for entire frame, did my suspension work( took 4 hours ) and then used rustoleum enamel flat back rust fighter, put the wheels back on and ill inspect it in a few months when I change the oil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts