Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 8,000 miles on my Xterra and I noticed that there was some oil on what I believe is the steering gear, not sure if that's what it's called. Anyway, I thought it might have been from the last oil change I did and it was just excess oil from the skid. I since changed my oil again and made sure not to get any excess oil anywhere. I still see a small oil spot on my driveway :angry5: What gives?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
welcome!!! looks like it could have been left over from last oil change. make sure to wipe everything down and then take another look a little later to see if you are still dripping.

when you change the oil filter, let it drain onto the tray into a pan before removing it completely.

·
on line
142 Posts
If you are positive that this leak is not from excess oil from an oil change, then Look Up. The bolt above the "A" on the white sticker has oil on it. Look above that bolt. If you see no oil coming from above that area, try to give the bolt with oil on it a turn, and see if the leak goes away.

I like to hose out the underside of my X after an oil change to get any oil out of those areas. That elliminates the possibility of a messy oil change vs a leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts