Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm closing in on the 2nd oil change in the new X and want to do it myself as I did the first time. The first time I used an OEM filter that was purchased online. The dealers are all at least 20 miles away. Is there another non-OEM, equal quality filter out there that I could buy from one of the parts stores or big box retailers? I've not yet switched to synthetic, although I am seriously considering it.

·
on line
240 Posts
I always stick with Wix. They are about as good as they get.

·
on line
844 Posts
I usually just tuck a used coffee filter up in there with some masking tape to hold it in place. works like a champ. I've been told an adult diaper or a pair of undies works good too.

·
on line
735 Posts
purolater, wix or ac delco for the GM stuff or my jeep.

even the pep boys bargain store brand is just repackaged purolators.. don't pay for the advertising from the orange filter company and you should be ok.

·
on line
463 Posts
oil filter preference

Hey All,
I was reading everyone's preference and found Fram at the bottom ??
Does anyone have input on the K&N oil filter ?

We have very mild weather compared to most of you guys so I use 10x30 Synthetic ( Mobil1 or Pennzoil Platinum ) and did purchase a couple of the K&Ns online for a good price.

Jim B

·
on line
51 Posts
I've always bought Wix or Napa Golds by the case. If I can find a bigger filter for the X, I will continue to do the same.

--Matt

·
on line
109 Posts
I`m currently using Amsoil`s new Ea Filter, with their full synthetic...
I was using Amsoil XL7500 synthetic with wix or hastings filters...
Yes, Fram is crap, but I use their yellow pleated air filters for the X...PR...

·
on line
105 Posts
Another vote for Wix or Napa Gold... I buy the Wix at O'Reilly's 'cause they are a buck or two cheaper than the Napa Gold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts