Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

I remember reading somewhere a write-up with parts for replacing the oil drain plug with some "quick drain" feature that you could put a hose on and drain directly into a bottle. This sounded great for not making a mess with the skidplate on.

I've searched here and XterraFirma, but can't find the write-up. Anybody know where I can get it?

TIA!

·
on line
67 Posts
Ah yes, Daniel-son...I believe you speak of the wonderous Fumoto valve! I think a couple of people tried it out on this site. It looks easy enough, but I think there were some worries about it slapping a rock if you're wheeling...let me try and find the post.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The magnetic drain plug won't do what he want's though. He wants to not have a plug and just a valve that you can put a hose on.

Fram also makes one, but I can't remember the name of it.

·
on line
111 Posts
I had the Fram Sure Drain on my previous vehicle. It stuck out about 5mm further than the factory. The flow rate also became slower after every oil change making it take forever to drain.

·
on line
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xterrapickles

Yes, I believe that is it. Thanks!

I see people in that thread worried that it might get damage when off-roading. I have the complete Shrockworks skids.

Does the new valve stick out below the skid? Or, are they worried about something else?

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts