Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on a trip next weekend and today I wanted to prep the vehicle. Nissan dealership was busy, so I decided to take my car to a local small chain shop that typically services the Subaru. We have been getting a decent level of service from them, so I figured one oil change would not hurt.

After getting back from the change I noticed that something was hanging out from the bottom of the car. Looked closer... It is a part of the skid that protects the engine! How could that happen? Well, one of the bolts was missing. I went back to the shop and to my surprised they have acknowledged the fact the bolt was missing. That was AFTER I paid and left the garage. Apparently, the mechanic could not find the bolt. They let me leave without it and nobody said anything. After they cleaned the floor they did find it and the bolt was waiting for me. WTF? I mean, it is a stupid bolt and not a big deal if you lose it. But please do tell me that the bolt is missing and even if you don't have one on hand, I'll get a new one. Don't just keep your mouth shut!!!

Xterra is definitely not going back there....

·
on line
62 Posts
I absolutely despise those quicky lube places. The last time I had my work truck in there the manager tried to talk me into a diff service and told me they could do it properly in under 3 minutes. I told him to take a hike.

I will either do my own maintenance or take it to the dealer.
If you go to the dealer (or other repair shop), at the very least the guy working on your rig WANTS to be a tech, not some high school punk with no desire to work on vehicles looking for weekend booze money.

Just my opinion.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
331 Posts
Sorry, but if you want it done right do it yourself.

·
on line
85 Posts
At least they finally manned up and admitted it. This is why I try to double check anything a shop does before I leave the place. They get sloppy...

·
on line
2,868 Posts
x67934 said:
Sorry, but if you want it done right do it yourself.
I think you're so right about that. The only way to truly know it is right is to do it yourself. I know some folks have great dealers, but I don't. My wife bought a new 2005 Maxima SL - first trip into the dealer for the 3000 mile oil change, they (dealer) left off the oil cap. My wife has a very poor sense of smell (some of you may instantly recognize the advantages there), so she didn't smell any oil leaking/burning under the hood. Three days later I smelled it when she pulled up in the driveway - it had completely soaked the underside hood insulation, and had blown all over many parts. Needless to say we got everything we wanted from that experience (except a new car). My wife followed the premium service plan with them for a while, until one day I checked the air pressure after a tire rotation (24 to 26 psi was in the tires). My dealer just doesn't care.. but I'm sure everyone has dealer horror stories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts